The LCU Promise
Year after year, we commit to teaching our students to live out their faith consistently and considerately as leaders in the Church and the world. We do this for pastors, missionaries, office administrators, lawyers, moms, dads and, most importantly, for Christ. With every class we teach and every student we graduate, we’re striving to make a better world.
In the Classroom
Our students are remarkable. Not only are we glad they’re here—we’re grateful to know them. That’s why we’ve created a unique curriculum to challenge and prepare students as thinkers, professionals, and faithful followers of Christ.
LCU is small—like a family or youth group. Students here get to know the faces of everyone on campus. They have friends in different majors, different dorms, and different life stages. With that kind of interconnectivity, we believe each student will discover what they can do for the body of Christ.
The Great Commission is our great commitment. Of our nearly 16,000 alumni, many have gone on to serve Christ abroad. All of us in the Lincoln Christian community are acting on the gifts and resources God has given us—so that God can be given the glory forever.
We believe our greatest privilege in life is to glorify God, serve His Son, and rely upon His Holy Spirit. To that end, we commit ourselves to these Core Values:
- Authentic community that fosters Christian character, conduct, accountability, and unity amidst growing diversity.
- Holistic development of students in and out of the classroom as spiritually mature and academically prepared lifelong learners.
- Servant leadership and its focus on leading and learning through serving, based on one’s gifts, passions, and sense of calling.
- Responsible stewardship of the abilities and resources that God provides for and through His people.
- Our Restoration heritage and its plea for Christian unity and biblical authority in carrying out God’s global mission.These values come out of our desire to
Encounter God’s Word
Engage God’s World
and Embrace God’s Work
- At LCU, we believe that a Christian education creates more whole and holy people. Informed minds and transformed hearts go on to make an impact in whatever soil they’re planted.