- University Supervisor, Department of English, Illinois State University
- Assistant Professor, Department of Arts & Letters, Benedictine University at Springfield
- High School English Instructor, Glenwood High School,
- Member, National Council of Teachers of English
- Member, Illinois Reading Council
- Member, Midwest Modern Language Association
- Member, Modern Language Association
- Member, Children’s Literature Association
Dr. Billie Jarvis-Freeman
Associate Professor of English and Interdisciplinary Studies
217-732-3168, ext. 2341
- PhD Illinois State University
- MA University of Illinois
- BA Illinois State University
- Jarvis-Freeman, Billie. 2017. “The Young, Rich Hobbit: The Hobbit’s Intertwining of Aesthetic Impulse and Spiritual Wealth”, Square Halo Books.
- Jarvis-Freeman, Billie. 2017. “Teaching Young Adult Literature across the Curriculum,” chapter in Options for Teaching Young Adult Literature, MLA.
- “Tangled in Redemption: The Feminine Christian Image” Audiofeed Conference, 2016.
- “The Young, Rich Hobbit: The Hobbit’s Intertwining of Aesthetic Impulse and Spiritual Wealth”, Urbana Theological Seminary, Tolkien Conference, 2015.
- “Fairytale Redemption: Christian Ethics and the Moral Imagination,” University of Wyoming Literature Conference, 2015.
- “The Spiritual Lessons of HBO’s True Blood,” Children’s Literature Association Conference, Biloxi MS, 2013.
- “The Once and Future Savage: Adolescence as Society’s Savior in the Novels of Scott Westerfeld,” Children’s Literature Association Conference, Normal, IL, 2008.
- IDS 201 Interdisciplinary Studies: Ancient Civilizations
- IDS 202 Interdisciplinary Studies: From Early Church to the Renaissance
- IDS 203 Interdisciplinary Studies: The Emerging Modern World
- IDS 204 Interdisciplinary Studies: The Modern and Postmodern World