- Coordinator, James D. Strauss Worldview Lectureship and Outstanding Faculty Research Award (LCU)
- Lecturer, “Perspectives on the World Christian Movement” (U.S. Center for World Mission)
- Elder, Lincoln Christian Church
- Ethics Board, Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital
- Professional Affiliations: Evangelical Theological Society, Evangelical Missiological Society
- Evangelical Theological Society/Midwest Region: Chair, 2018
- Evangelical Theological Society/Midwest Region: Vice Chair, 2016-17
- Evangelical Theological Society/Midwest Region: Secretary-Treasurer, 2006-2014
- Professor, Bible and Theology, Lincoln Christian University, 1996-2006
- Associate Professor, Bible and Theology, Lincoln Christian University, 1992-1996
- Professor of Theology and New Testament, Saint Louis Christian College, 1985-1992
- Pastoral Ministries: Darlington, IN (1976-79); Metamora, IL (1979-83); DeKalb, IL (1983-85)
Dr. Robert Kurka
Professor of Theology and Church in Culture
217-732-3168, ext. 2248
- DMin Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- MDiv Lincoln Christian Seminary
- BA Crossroads College
- Encyclopedia of Bohemian and Czech American Biography, 2016
- Marquis’ Who’s Who in America, 2009
- 2000 Outstanding Academics of the 21st Century
- Who’s Who in American Teachers (multiple citations)
- Crossroads College Distinguished Alumnus of the Year (2006)
- “Death and the Church” (4 parts) (2016-17).
- “Has Inerrancy Out-lived Its Usefulness?” Stone-Campbell Journal 18:2 (Fall 2015)
- “If Adam is Razed is Our Faith in Vain?” Criswell Theological Review (Spring 2013)
- “The Stone-Campbell Understanding of Conversion: A Misunderstood Sola Fide.” On Theology in the the Present Age. Wipf & Stock (Pickwick, 2013).
- “Wisdom and Understanding to the Nations:The Missiological Worldview of Deuteronomy.” Deuteronomy, the Prophets and the Life of the Church (Mosaic, 2013).
- “Missiological Reading of the New Testament.” in River of God: An Introduction to World Mission. (Wipf & Stock, 2012).
- “Why Should Christians Care about Biothethics?” with Nathan Babcock. Christian Standard(April 1, 2012).
- “Requiem for Worldview Education: A pre mortem Song?” in Engaging Our World: Christian Worldview from the Ivory Tower to Global Impact. (W&S Academic Press, 2009).
- “Open Theism and Christian Churches (Independent).” in Evangelicalism and the Stone-Campbell Movement, Vol. 2. (ACU Press, 2006).
- “The Role of the Holy Spirit in Conversion: Why Restorationists Appear to Be out of the Evangelical Mainstream.” in Evangelicalism and the Stone-Campbell Movement, Vol. 1. (InterVarsity Press, 2002).
- “Is It Time to Move Beyond Truth?” (3 Parts). Christian Standard. (January/February, 2009).
- “Before Foundationalism: A More Biblical Approach to the Grenz-Franke Proposal for Doing Theology.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society. Vol. 50:1 (March 2007).
- “Historical Theology and the Historic Position of the Chinese Church.” InHoly Scripture, Holy Spirit, and Saints. Edited by David G, Dai. Albuquerque, NM: Runup America, 2015.[English and Chinese]
Graduate and Seminary
- DMIN 1004 Developing a Culturally Sensitive Ministry
- IC 601 Intercultural Studies and World Religions
- IC 602 Theology for Intercultural Ministry
- PC 720/TH 720 Bioethical Issues
- TH 500 Contemporary Religious Movements
- TH 607 Doctrine of Christ
- TH 609 Doctrine of the Holy Spirit
- TH 717 Cultural Hermeneutics
- TH 738 Evangelicalism and the Stone-Campbell Movement
- Married to Beverley Jean (Petersen) [LCC ’03], June 1, 1974
- Children: Holly (Zehr) [LCC ’98]; Lara (O’Donoghue); Amber (Kurka-Funke)
- 14 grandchildren