- Collaboration for Rural Ministry Education in North America
- Rural Sociological SocietyInterim Coordinator of Church Ministries, Lincoln Christian University 2009-2010
- Association for Doctor of Ministry EducationAdjunct Faculty, Denver Seminary, 2008-present
- Church Development Associate, Lincoln Christian University, 2007-2008
- Adjunct Faculty, Summit Christian College, 2006.
- Faculty Search Committee, Lincoln Christian UniversityParticipant in Collaboration for Rural Ministry Education in North America, 2001
- Adjunct Faculty, Bethel Theological Seminary, 1999-2007
- Consultant to Association of Theological Schools for Rural Ministry Curriculum Development, 1999
- Adjunct Faculty, Lincoln Christian University, 1998-2007
- Consultant to Northland Partnership for Town and Country Ministry Education (Rural Ministry Curriculum Development), 1997
- Board of Directors, Little Galilee Christian Assembly, 1987-1991, President of Board, 1991
- Minister, Walnut Grove Christian Church, Arcola IL 1981-2006
- Bookstore Manager, Lincoln Christian University, 1978-79
- Minister, Mt. Pleasant Christian Church, Carthage IL, 1977-1979
- Residence Hall Director, Lincoln Christian University, 1977-1981
- Youth Minister, Solsberry Christian Church, Solsberry IN, 1973-1977
- DMin Project Supervisor, Bethel Theological Seminary, 1999-2006
Dr. Barney Wells
Interim Chief Academic Officer and Graduate and Seminary Academic Dean and Associate Professor of Bible and Ministry
217-732-3168, ext. 2217
- DMin Bethel Theological Seminary
- MDiv Lincoln Christian Seminary
- BA Lincoln Christian University
- “God at Work in the Middle of the Week” Christian Standard, June 6, 2010.
- “Conflict Management: Maintaining Unity through Prevention, Intervention, and Resolution.” in Releasing the Power of the Smaller Church. Cincinnati: Standard Publishing Co., 2007.
- “Country Folks and Cosmopolitans.” Christian Standard, April 22, 2007.
- “You Can Manage Conflict.” Christian Standard, September 30, 2007.
- “Preaching, Prayer, and Conflict.” Christian Standard, September 30, 2007.
- “Conflict: Apt Words, Adequate Intervention.” Christian Standard, September 30, 2007.
- “How to Resolve Conflict.” Christian Standard, September 30, 2007.Leading Through Change: Shepherding the Town and Country Church in a New Era. St. Charles: ChurchSmart Resources, 2005.
Graduate and Seminary
- CD/LS 704 Leading the Church Through Change
- CD 751 Ministering in the Town and Country Church
- CD 752 Leading the Town and Country Church
- CD 753 Faith Communication in aTown and Country Context
- CD 754 Pastoral Care in a Town and Country Context
- CD 755 Seminar in Town and Country Ministry
- DMIN 1005 Developing an Effective Ministry Research Project
- DMIN 1103 Advancing the People You Lead
- Married Marcia Brown Nov. 20, 1977
- Two adult children
- Hobbies: Woodworking, WW2 history, Bluegrass music.