*Through a dual enrollment agreement with Lincoln College (LC), LCU offers the opportunity for students to acquire a foundation in Bible/theology and Christian worldview formation by completing an AA in Bible at LCU and a BA in Contemporary Jazz Studies at LC. Students will live in the LCU residence halls (with board) for the duration of their dual enrollment.
Students will participate in chapel services, spiritual formation groups, service learning (when enrolled in 12 or more hours at LCU), and be expected to abide by LCU’s student handbook. Each of these programs help LCU fulfill its mission of nurturing and equipping students with a Biblical worldview to serve and lead in the world.
BA in Contemporary Jazz Studies Learning Outcomes:
1. Demonstrate strong individual distinctiveness as jazz improvisers both solo and in a variety of performance settings.
2. Perform, with technical skill, complex and diverse jazz composition.
3. Effectively speak and write about jazz and other related music fields.
4. Apply professional leadership in various performance settings.
5. Analyze historical and contemporary jazz compositions from a theoretical perspective.
6. Create and original repertoire of jazz compositions by synthesizing marketplace trends and the performer’s voice.