*Through a dual enrollment agreement with Lincoln College (LC), LCU offers the opportunity for students to acquire a foundation in Bible/theology and Christian worldview formation by completing an AS in Science at LCU and a BS in Exercise Science at LC. Students will live in the LCU residence halls (with board) for the duration of their dual enrollment.
Students will participate in chapel services, spiritual formation groups, service learning (when enrolled in 12 or more hours at LCU), and be expected to abide by LCU’s student handbook. Each of these programs help LCU fulfill its mission of nurturing and equipping students with a Biblical worldview to serve and lead in the world.
BS in Exercise Science Learning Outcomes:
1. Effectively communicate content related to the field of exercise science in oral and written formats to appropriate clientele. (GELO I)
2. Apply scientific principles/theories of healthy behavior to prescribe exercise as a therapeutic and preventative modality. (GELO II and V)
3. Produce solutions to problems related to responses and adaptations to physical activity and exercise through the use of scientific assessment methods. (GELO II)
4. Evaluate the behavioral and cultural factors that influence the adoption and maintenance of a physically active lifestyle. (GELO III)
5. Articulate the ethical standards of exercise science by applying professional behavior consistent with an understanding of the societal and individual importance of a healthy, active lifestyle. (GELO IV)
6. Synthesize information to design solutions for wellness concerns among individuals and communities in real world settings. (GELO V.)