Room For Doubt is an ongoing grant-funded initiative that encourages questions and addresses doubts about the Christian faith. The project began in August 2013.
It includes the following main components:
- A resourceful website and mobile app that allows submitted questions as well as a Facebook page and channels for YouTube and Vimeo.
- A six-week message series called “Basic Questions” which includes discussion guides, videos, and online resources. Primary contributors include well-known authors and highly respected specialists in apologetics: Mark Mittelberg, Garry Poole, Lee Strobel, Richard Knopp, and Zach Breitenbach.
- A small group curriculum called “Strengthen Your Faith” for use in Christian camps, adult & youth church groups, and individual study.
- A place for establishing local groups that meet periodically to grow in their faith and become better prepared to defend it. See how to start a Huddle in your church, school, or ministry.
- Learning opportunities in workshops, seminars, retreats, publications, and online.
The Program Director for Room For Doubt is Dr. Richard Knopp, Professor of Philosophy & Christian Apologetics at Lincoln Christian University.
The Associate Director for Room For Doubt is Dr. Zach Breitenbach, Adjunct Professor at Lincoln Christian University.
“Our culture longs for a safe environment where questions can be asked and doubts explored without judgment or condescension. That’s exactly what Room For Doubt provides.” – Rick Grover, Lead Pastor, E. 91st St. Christian Church, Indianapolis, IN
“I wholeheartedly recommend this program for any congregation seeking to better engage its community and those who are struggling with doubt.” – Tom Ellsworth, Senior Minister, Sherwood Oaks Christian Church, Bloomington, IN