As the semester ends, you may find yourself standing in front of a classroom delivering a final project presentation. You may also find yourself, as a fresh graduate, in a brand new job. In either case, strong presentation skills can help you succeed.
Here’s a handful of tools you can use to plan, design, and deliver a strong presentation.
- Start with the 9 Guide, right over on the LCU Business Resources page. Short and simple, this will get you up to speed quickly.
- Nick Morgan’s Public Words blog and the Ethos3 blog have hundreds of useful articles
- My Renovate Communication Design blog has over 80 articles on messaging, design, and delivery
- Get inspired by some great TED talks
- Long term: read Chip and Dan Heath’s Made to Stick, Garr Reynolds’ Presentation Zen, and Nancy Duarte’s Resonate. I’ve read dozens of books on presenting; these are my favorites.