Your choice of fonts (or “typography,” as the pros might say) says a lot about you. Choosing good type makes you look better and can give your message more credibility.
Although thousands of fonts have been created in the last century, legendary designer Massimo Vignelli is known for having used just a handful of typefaces throughout his career.
Click through to see Vignelli’s recommendations and you’ll be set for life.
If I were given the opportunity, I’d humbly suggest a few others:
- Georgia for its readability on screen—it’s what I use for email
- The Franklin Gothic family is a solid alternative to Helvetica
- Univers and Akzidenz-Grotesk for their clean, efficient European aesthetic
- FF Meta and its variants (many of Eric Spiekermann’s designs are lovely)
- Museo Sans, a newer typeface with those same German/Swiss lines
Not every font works for every use. The trick of good design is to make the right choice for the context.