Spring 2021 Campus Guidelines
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, Logan County Health Department, and the State of Illinois phase guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Student Services
LCU is pleased to announce on-campus testing capabilities through cooperation and partnership with the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Logan County Health Department. Should a student or employee develop symptoms, free rapid tests are available on campus.
- 1st 8-week online courses begin Monday, January 11, 2021
- Intensive week courses held online begin Monday, January 18, 2021
- Spring 2021 in-person courses begin Monday, January 25, 2021
- Academic calendar change: no breaks, semester ends Friday, May 7
- Masks required in all campus buildings at all times (except in your dorm room when alone or with a roommate)
- Masks required outside if you cannot maintain 6 feet of social distance
- Masks and social distancing required during class (classes will be configured accordingly)
- No overnight guests in the residence halls (with exception of Enrollment visits)
- No indoor gatherings of more than 50 people (per Illinois Phase 4 guidelines)
- Outdoor meetings and gatherings to maintain social distancing whenever possible
- Travel beyond home is discouraged (particularly to densely populated areas)
- If a student tests positive, the student will be sent home to isolate unless unable to do so
- Any and all symptoms (even one) should be reported to Jill Dicken via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text/phone (217-341-4918)
Return to Residence Halls (Alumni/Ruth)
Students returning to the LCU campus for the spring 2021 semester may not move into the dorms without one of the following:
- Proof of COVID-19 positive test result after 10/28/20.
If a residential student tested positive for COVID-19 during the winter break or anytime after 10/28/20, the student will not be required to test again before moving into the dorm. Documentation of the positive test result must be provided to the Student Development department by Thursday, January 21, 2021 and students must receive confirmation before returning to campus. Please email results to Jill Dicken at email@example.com.
- Proof of a negative PCR test result taken within 3 days of returning to campus. The student must quarantine at home from the day the test is taken until return to campus.
Students may choose to take a COVID-19 test locally before returning to campus for the spring semester. The test must be a PCR test (not a rapid test) and have been taken within 3 days of returning to the dorm. The student must quarantine at home from the date the PCR test is taken until a negative test result is received and the student is permitted to return to the LCU campus. Test results must be provided to the Student Development department and students must receive confirmation prior to returning to campus. Please email results to Jill Dicken at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tested upon arrival to campus with a school administered rapid test.
LCU will provide free same-day rapid tests on Friday, January 22, Saturday, January 23, and Sunday, January 24 for all students returning to Ruth Hall and Alumni Hall. All students who do not fall into either category above are required to receive a rapid COVID-19 test before moving any belongings back into the dorms. Sign up for a testing slot here:
Tests take 15 minutes to read and students will be required to wait for the test result before moving any belongings into the dorm. Testing will be set up in the Laughlin Center.
|Cases no longer active||59||14|
|14 day quarantine||2||1|
|Quarantine awaiting results||0||0|
|Last Positive Test: 1/07/2020|