Please note that these guidelines are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, Logan County Health Department, and the State of Illinois phase guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Student Development.
- Check-in/move-in day appointments
- Must be cleared by Student Development prior to moving in
- We recommend that all unvaccinated individuals continue to wear a mask indoors, especially in situations where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- LCU remains supportive of vaccinated individuals who continue to wear a mask.
- Classrooms are set up to maintain socially-distanced seating. Students must not move chairs or tables in classrooms at any time.
- Students are encouraged to move as many social interactions outside as possible. This will allow for community development while maintaining safe guidelines.
Self-Check & Reporting Requirements
Students should self-monitor daily for common symptoms related to COVID-19. Symptoms include: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea. While LCU will not require daily reporting, it is recommended that students bring a thermometer and take their temperature every morning.
- If a student develops any of the above symptoms, he/she should immediately notify Jill Dicken, Vice President of Student Development and his/her head resident if living in the residence halls.
- If a student has symptoms, he/she should remain isolated in her or his room until they receive additional instructions. Students with any symptoms are not to attend class, visit the cafeteria, or any other campus building while symptomatic.
- Students with symptoms will be required to contact the COVID-19 hotline or their physician and get tested if it is recommended to them. LCU reserves the right to require any student to be tested and be quarantined until the results are returned. Students must share the results of any COVID-19 testing with the Vice President of Student Development.
- If a student tests positive for COVID-19 and lives within a reasonable distance, he/she must return home to isolate for 10 days, per CDC guidelines.
- If a student tests positive, the student will cooperate with LCU and the Logan County Health Department regarding symptoms, location, and recent contact with other individuals for the purposes of contact tracing.
- If an unvaccinated student is in close contact (as defined by the CDC) with a COVID-19 positive individual and lives within a reasonable distance, he/she must return home to quarantine for the recommended period.
- Students will be given instructions on when they can return to campus by Jill Dicken, Vice President of Student Development, after consultation with the Logan County Health Department.