Cost of a degree; it’s a significant hurdle. For many students whose families are facing financial hardship, there is a significant gap between what school costs and what they can afford to pay. Lincoln Christian University recognizes this gap and has created a practical way to stand with you in solving the problem.
Because of our belief that Christian higher education should be available to all who align with the mission of Lincoln Christian University, we are committed to keep an LCU education as affordable as possible. To that end, we offer free tuition for undergraduate students who have little financial support in paying for college.
We call it “Bridging the Gap.” Here’s how it works:
1. Complete the LCU application process (open to all prospective students who have completed their junior year of high school)
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
3. Name LCU as a recipient of your FAFSA report (LCU’s FAFSA school code is 001708).
The Bridging the Gap full-tuition scholarship award is offered to those Illinois resident students whose FAFSA-determined Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) is at $1,000 or lower, and therefore receive the full MAP (Illinois) and PELL (federal) grants.
Here’s some more helpful information: MAP and PELL funding is not infinite, so the earlier you can complete the steps, the better chance you have of being awarded the grants. FAFSA opens each year on October 1st, so that’s the date to shoot for.
Bottom Line: Prospective Illinois undergraduate students who apply, are accepted, complete the FAFSA with an EFC of $1,000 or lower and receive the full MAP and PELL grants will be offered a full-tuition scholarship to attend LCU. Yes – we are a college that cares and doesn’t just talk about solutions, we provide them!
The fine print – that’s LARGE, because why hide help?:
- Bridging the Gap students are required to live in on-campus dorms and pay room and board each year they receive the scholarship.
- If the EFC rises above $1,000, the student no longer receives the full-tuition scholarship.
- All Bridging the Gap students must maintain a 2.75 GPA and enroll in continuous semesters while persisting to graduation.
- All LCU institutional financial aid is tuition-only. Bridging the Gap students will forego any additional institutional aid that would otherwise be awarded (such as academic or athletic scholarships). They are free to apply private scholarships to room and board.
- Students receiving the Bridging the Gap scholarship must take at least 12 credit hours per semester and anything more than 18 credit hours per semester must be paid for out-of-pocket.
- If, for some reason, the MAP and/or PELL government grant programs are discontinued, the Bridging the Gap program will be as well.
Contact the Enrollment Services office with any questions!
Email Enroll@LincolnChristian.edu or call 217-732-3168.