Our LCU Alumni and Friends event is designed to welcome our Lincoln Leaders to campus on Saturday, April 30 for a day of alumni athletic games, attender gatherings, food, and worship.
Date: Saturday, April 30, 2022
- 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM – Alumni athletic games
- 9:30 AM – Volleyball
- 10:00 AM – Soccer (coed)
- 10:00 AM – Baseball (Chicago-style softball)
- 11:00 AM – Women’s basketball
- 12:00 PM – Men’s basketball
- 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM – Attender gatherings by decade (50s, 60s, 70s, etc.) in Restoration Hall
- 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM – Lunch
- Lunch will be served in the LCU Cafeteria (Henderson Hall)
- 1:00 PM – Reunion choir rehearsal in the Chapel
- 3:00 PM – Worship service in the Earl C. Hargrove Chapel
Registration is free (an offering will be collected to help with transitioning staff as well as transitional operating expenses). Register here. *Note: The deadline to sign up for the reunion choir is Wednesday, April 20. The deadline to register for alumni athletic games is Wednesday, April 27.
Hotel information (ask for LCU rate):
Hampton Inn, 217-732-6729, $89
Comfort Inn, 217-735-5800, $89
Super 8, 217-732-8886, $69
- We would love to be part of this day, but we cannot make it. Are there other options to visit campus?
- We have weekly chapel services every Tuesday morning at 9:30 AM CT through April 26. Our baseball team is also scheduled to play a doubleheader on April 26 beginning at 1 PM.
- Alumni are also invited to join us for our Christian Women’s Conference on Wednesday, April 27, featuring Liz Curtis Higgs and Dr. Rochelle Scheuermann. For more information, go here.
- Commencement is Saturday, May 7. The Undergraduate ceremony is at 10 AM CT and the Seminary/Graduate ceremony is at 1 PM CT. There will be a reception in the Laughlin Center between ceremonies for alumni and friends to gather.
- Please let the Alumni office know if you would like to make a special visit. We will work with your personal schedule to welcome you back to campus. You can email us here
- Where will the alumni games be located?
- Volleyball and Basketball alumni games will take place within Gaston Arena in the Laughlin Center. Soccer and Baseball will be played on their respective outdoor fields. Should we not have enough to play a baseball game (Chicago-style softball), baseball alumni are still welcome to play catch on the diamond and catch up with former teammates. In the case of inclement weather, the Fieldhouse will be made available for recreation for both soccer and baseball alumni.