Website Lincoln Christian University
Department: Athletic Department
Job Status: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Head Baseball Coach
Work Schedule: Hourly position, including weekend hours
Amount of Travel Required: Continual
Assists the Head Baseball Coach in the total administration and coordination of the baseball program.
- Accept as true LCU’s Statement of Faith and support LCU’s mission, vision, core values and philosophy of education
- Adhere to all University policies faithfully including the Employee Handbook and live “above reproach”
- Provide on-field instruction, helping conduct practices and workouts both in-season and out of season.
- Assist in the overall recruiting efforts of the program. This includes but is not limited to:
- Communicating with recruits/parents about LCU and the baseball program
- Help build relationships with area high school and club coaches
- Help plan and facilitate recruit days and on-campus visits
- Assist the Head Coach in the upkeep and maintenance of the diamond and all baseball facilities.
- Support the Head Coach as another spiritual mentor to the team while leading by example.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Knowledge of the sport of baseball. Preference given to candidates with demonstrated experience working with pitchers
- Physical ability to throw batting practice and use the fungo for infield and outfield work
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the University
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead people effectively
- Proven success and experience in interacting effectively with diverse populations.
- Must be able and willing to travel, including some overnight
- Must have current driver’s license, acceptable driving record and be able to travel on aircraft
- Ability to work some irregular hours, evenings, and weekends as requested
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred but not required.
- Experience: Previous coaching or playing experience required; preference given for coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level.
- Computer Skills: Word processing, and spreadsheet management software experience preferred
|Physical Abilities||Walk, Sit, Reach Outward||Stand, Reach Above Shoulder, Squat or Kneel, Bend||Climb Crawl|
|Lift/Carry||10 lbs or less||11-20 lbs / 21-50 lbs||51-100 lbs / Over 100 lbs|
|Push/Pull||12 lbs or less / 13-25 lbs / 26-40 lbs / 41-100 lbs|
|N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Indoor and Outdoor athletic environments at LCU and other institutions.
Review of applications will begin January 4, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Preferential treatment will be given to complete applications received by that date. Only complete applications will be considered by the search committee. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume including three listed references to Taylor Payne, Director of Human Resources, Lincoln Christian University, 100 Campus View Drive, Lincoln, IL, 62656, or email@example.com.
Lincoln Christian University was founded in the heart of Illinois in 1944. Today, more than 1,000 students pursue their undergraduate, seminary and adult and graduate studies education at our main campus, offsite and online. Our alumni can be found across the United States and in more than 70 countries. LCU gives its students the knowledge, skills and biblical worldview to live their mission in the church, the workplace and the world. LCU offers a variety of majors and degrees ranging from two-year associate degrees to the doctor of ministry. The school is historically associated with the Christian Church/Church of Christ, the University’s primary religious constituency (see www.lincolnchristian.edu).
Lincoln Christian University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, disability, or prior military service. Lincoln Christian University encourages applicants who will contribute to the cultural diversity of the University to apply and to identify themselves if they wish. Federal guidelines clearly recognize the right of church-related institutions to seek personnel who will support the goals of the institution, including the right to select members of the church to which the institution is related.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org