Attica Christian Church
411 E Sycamore St, Attica, IN 47918, 765.762.2565
Education: College OR Seminary graduate
Congregation Size: 75
Sunday School Time: 11:00 a.m. Service Time: 9:30 a.m.
Location: City of 3,000
Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Parsonage Included? Yes, 3 bedrooms
Will church allow candidate to continue education? Yes
Resumes Should Be Sent To: Church, Attn: Search Committee, (765) 762-2565, firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Vision: To see our members live the greatest commandment of loving the Lord with all their heart, all their soul, with all their mind and to love their neighbors as themselves (Matt 22:37-39). By actively seeking to serve the Lord with this goal in mind, we hope to bear witness to the world of His saving love and mercy.
Description: The Senior Minister has primary responsibility for preaching and teaching the Word of God and to provide leadership, shepherding and vision to the Body in partnership with the Elders, Deacons, Staff, Ministry Teams and Congregation.
• Consistently delivers easily understood, Bible-based sermons that are engaging, relevant and challenging to those who hear to seek or deepen their relationship with Jesus.
• Demonstrates well-developed communication, including strong listening skills and can clearly articulate the vision, mission, and strategies that will spiritually grow the church.
• Prepares preaching/worship schedules in advance, coordinates and plans with worship leader and worship ministry team to ensure that worship services are effective regarding content, style, structure and design.
• Creates regular opportunities for people to respond to the message of Christ through evangelistic/discipleship messages.
• In partnership with the Elders and Deacons, adjusts to societal changes without compromising the Biblical doctrine.
• Develops an annual plan in cooperation with Elders and Deacons.
• Works within the administrative budget and maintains fiscal responsibility with the church resources.
• Provides oversight of and delegation to staff to ensure assigned tasks and responsibilities are complete.
• Offers guidance to staff members that allows them flexibility to accomplish their responsibilities, focusing on our overall goals.
• Works with Elders and Deacons to maintain a compelling vision and acts as key implementation champion for the strategic plan.
• Attends regularly scheduled board and or committee meetings and provides direction, support and encouragement to staff members.
• Champions evangelism by inspiring, equipping, and motivating the congregation and staff to share the gospel with all in our community and others within our reach.
• Through outreach and ministry activities, seeks to reach the unchurched in the community using innovative methods, i.e. church programs, social media, email, apps, website, signage, etc.
• Engages and works with other ministries and organizations to serve the community.
• Engages the youth of our community, keeping current with the trends and issues important to children and teens.
Congregation Relations/Pastoral Care
• Prays for, serves, and provides spiritual leadership for the congregation, staff and community.
• Cares for the spiritual and physical life of the congregation through supportive listening, conflict management, referral to other professionals.
• Carries out hospital visitation and ministry to shut-ins in partnership with the Elders and Deacons.
• Conducts premarital counseling, weddings, and funerals.
• Performs baptisms and intentional instruction towards growth in Christian faith.
Professional Development/Personal Growth
• Continues to grow spiritually and is a lifelong learner.
• In a desire to grow, actively seeks to improve the methods and policies of the church with the leaders in the church in order to maintain Biblical truths.
• Devotes time to spiritual, mental, physical development and well-being through personal disciplines.
• Attends courses, workshops, and conferences as appropriate.
• Attends a small group as a participant and/or leads a small group.
• Participates in annual reviews with Elders.
• Develops a healthy work-life balance.
• Passionately embodies God’s Word and lives out the gospel in his daily life.
• As a baptized (immersed) believer, fully understands and supports scripture-based doctrine.
• Demonstrates competency in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships.
• Demonstrates strength in biblical and expository preaching.
• Looks to establish roots in the community.
• Exhibits a history of faithful ministry experience of at least five years and proven leadership in an outreach minded church.
• Displays computer proficiency and ability to relate to and participate in social media in a manner that promotes, engages, and encourages the Congregation and others receiving the message
• Ordained or eligible to be ordained in the Christian Church. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of ministry.
Anyone applying for a position will be granting permission for background checks (educational, references, financial, criminal). These checks will only be done if the applicant is chosen as one of the candidates for the position.
Located along the banks of the Wabash River, Attica represents all that is special about iconic American small towns. As a close-knit community, it is a place where everyone knows everyone and rely on each other like family. It is a place rich in history, yet welcoming of innovation and economic development. You will discover abounding nature, first-class educational opportunities, a variety of local businesses in which to shop, and perfect houses ready to be your next home. You also get the best of both worlds by being only 20 miles from Lafayette/West Lafayette, 60 miles from Indianapolis, and 130 miles from Chicago.
With many recreational opportunities from our many parks to our golf course and everything in between there is something for everyone in Attica. In addition, Hanging Rock Christian Assembly is a short drive from Attica. Hanging Rock is a Christian Camp & Retreat Center that provides opportunities for churches, individuals, families and communities to establish & strengthen their relationship with Christ. They offer many summer camps and winter retreats.
Attica Elementary School
Attica Elementary School educates approximately 375 students in grades PK-5. We also house a developmental preschool and a K-5 MoMH program in which four other corporations bus their students to each day. AES has partnered with IU’s Jacobs School of Music to provide a violin program for all students in first and second grade.
All students at AES have their own device. K-2nd grade students have iPADs and 3rd-5th grade students have Chromebooks. Last school year, AES implemented The Peaceful Playground initiative through a generous donation from The Community Foundation. The AES archery team has won back-to-back state championships as well as a national championship in 2016-2017. We have also had several individual champions as well.
Attica Junior Senior High School
Attica Junior-Senior High School educates 319 students in Grades 6-12. We consistently post high graduation rates and are proud of our CTE programs in computer repair and precision machining. We offer numerous academic dual credit courses. Despite our small size, we are able to offer nearly all IHSAA sports plus cheerleading, trap shooting, archery, and a new air rifle club. We offer many other extracurricular activities and fine arts programs to accommodate various student interests. We have focused on technology integration throughout all grade levels and are now in our seventh year of 1:1 devices. Our 1:1 initiative has allowed us to implement eLearning days.
The Attica School system and community has a rich heritage of athletic successes and traditions. From our youth football, baseball, softball and soccer to our variety of Jr High and High School sports, there is plenty to keep our children active and always something to cheer about and celebrate. We have earned several conference championships and many of our athletes go on to play at the college level. Our athletics really bring the community together as we celebrate our successes and learn from out defeats. It also helps teach our students great lessons and the balance between athletics and academics. We also don’t want to fail to mention our fine arts programs. From our renowned strings program that teaches our elementary students the violin to our band and choir classes, we strive to create well-rounded citizens that are prepared to tackle the adult word and make our community better. These are just a few small examples how Attica is truly the place to be.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com