Website Avalon Church of Christ
844 Woodstock Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23464
To challenge, train, and equip students, volunteers, and parents to live genuinely for Christ and to reach out to non-Christians. These efforts will involve serving as a key resource person and role model in administering, leading, developing, and coordinating all activities involving students from 6th to 12th grade.
Competencies and Expectations:
• Embrace the mission, vision, and values of Avalon Church of Christ
• Being a person of faith, practicing Christian principles
• Being flexible, and possessing the ability to multi-task, a high degree of organizational skills.
• Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality
• Maintain personal spiritual development through regular Bible reading, prayer and Christian fellowship
Areas of Responsibility:
• Utilize Planning Center administrative software to handle administrative and organizational processes related to student ministry.
• Participation in staff meetings and other required staff events
• Participation in Elders’ meetings, as required
• Create, submit, and effectively manage student ministry annual budget
• Develop and implement annual strategies to attract a broad and diverse youth group consisting of believers and non-believers
• Develop and implement annual strategies that target the smaller core of more spiritually mature students to lead them to higher levels of spiritual commitment and service
• Utilize regular programming to attract students and build the overall spiritual maturity (weekly students worship, small groups, etc.)
• Build an active presence of student ministry on social media platforms
• Strive to build solid relationships with students by spending time with them in their homes, and/or attending various activities such as athletic events, concerts, etc
• Plan and implement special youth activities throughout the year, involving other congregations as desired
• Recruit, train, and evaluate adult volunteers
• Preach as called upon by the Senior Minister; Be available for funerals and weddings as needed; Be alert for opportunities to evangelize.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org