Website Bethany Christian Church
Full time, salaried position of at least 40 hours a week, is directly supervised by the Senior Minister and oversight of the Bethany Elders with a primary focus on children ages birth through sixth grade. (These ages can sometimes change as works best with Bethany’s programming and in conjunction with the school systems.)
Children’s Minister Areas and Responsibilities:
• Select appropriate/effective curriculum
• Face-to-face recruiting, staffing, and training to fill needed volunteer positions
• Continued support and evaluation of all volunteers and their needs
• Implement and abide by all Bethany’s safety and security measures
• Be easily accessible and available to parents/guardians
• Create and work within the allotted annual budget for the ministry.
• Promote family and spiritual practices at home (praying, serving, loving, etc.)
• Create annual calendars/schedules of events including ministries such as V.B.S., Winter Carnival, Fall Celebration, Picnics, Christmas Eve, summer activities, etc.
• Be a role model and someone with whom children can easily communicate
• Develop and maintain a children’s ministry presence within the greater church body through ministries such as Children’s Choir, shared Sunday School classes, etc.
• Continued with training (seminars, conferences, visits to other churches) to expand ideas, excitement, and ministries skills as needed
Shared Ministry Areas:
Although Children’s Ministry is the primary focus, the Children’s Minister will also share responsibilities as part of the pastoral staff which will include: hospital visits, home visits, funeral visitations, church events, church meetings, staff/elder meetings, speaking on stage, planning and participating in ministries and events designed for the church family as a whole, etc. This will require the Children’s Minister to be able and open to work alongside all staff members with a willingness to accommodate and help where needed.
Leadership is looking for someone with a visible passion for Children’s ministry who can create an engaging place and space for children, is familiar with children’s curriculum and programming, can communicate well with parents and leadership, and has knowledge of security protocols.
A children’s ministry or ministry degree with a children’s ministry focus is preferred, but not required.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org