Website Bethany Christian Church
01. Summary of Position:
The purpose of the Vincennes Campus Student Pastor is to partner with parents in guiding their students (5th-12th grade) to know Jesus personally, to love Him passionately, and to grow in obedience to Him so they can become a “fully devoted follower of Christ”.
02. Duties and Responsibilities:
● Oversee the Spiritual development of students (5th – 12th grade).
● Plan & implement ministry vision and strategy
● Develop and implement a transition plan into High School Ministry and transition out. i.e., Collaboration should exist with Family Ministry and Young Adults Pastor(s)
● Schedule recurring retreats, groups, events, promotions, evangelistic opportunities, mission trips, camps and community projects.
● Regularly recruit, train, encourage, and equip ministry volunteers to help in the spiritual development of students. – i.e., All resources provided for ministry volunteers are expected to be handed out in a timely manner, and the High School Pastor is expected to have all preparations for ministry to be completed before a scheduled event so that volunteers will not be hindered as they help to minister to students.
● Collaborate and work constructively with the Safety & Host Ministry Teams. – i.e., Establish check-in & check-out protocol, emergency response protocol, volunteer background checks, identification of volunteers serving, and other safety and security protocols that will enhance the students well-being and give the parents peace of mind.
● Assist other ministry teams whenever necessary
Perform other responsibilities as assigned by Direct Report. Bethany Christian Church reserves the right to change job duties at any time. This job description is not designed to cover every job requirement.
● Fully committed follower of Jesus Christ
● Champion of vision, values, and culture of Bethany Christian Church
● Ability to work in harmony with other staff members
● Exceptional model of personal integrity and confidentiality
● Ability to convey a positive professional image
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal abilities
● Commitment to learning and developing as a leader
04. Employment Understanding:
● Agreement to abide by Bethany Christian Church Ministry Team Handbook, Core Values and Beliefs.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org