Website Burnside Christian Church
2088 E County Road 2100, Burnside, IL 62321- 217-746-3571
We are currently looking for a new Children’s Director that oversees our ministry involving children from birth to fifth grade. The Children’s Director will partner with parents in the spiritual development, programming, and pastoral care of children.
Full job description is listed below. Interested candidates should email resume to email@example.com.
Children’s Director Job Description:
• Develop and oversee the children’s ministry for birth through fifth grade and assist with transition to Jr. High youth group.
• Facilitate Jr. Church program. Ensure appropriate lessons, materials, and volunteers are in place each week.
• Organize a weekly evening children’s program (ex. Bible Bowl, Awana)
· Oversee Sunday school materials and teachers along with the overall direction and goals for the program through 5th grade.
• Supervise children’s nursery and ensure volunteers are in place each Sunday.
• Coordinate Vacation Bible School annually.
• Coordinate an annual children’s Christmas program.
• Lead child dedication program.
• Recruit, train and lead volunteers to ensure quality of programs and effective use of resources to reach as many children in the community as possible. Insure adherence to or improvements to safety policies by completing background checks for volunteers.
· Provide opportunities for and assist with summer events at camp
· Provide students with quarterly opportunities to get outside of the “church” in order to have fun and fellowship (ex. Superstart).
• Provide clear ongoing communication with families keeping them informed of topics/themes being studied, special events, etc.
· Create and manage the Children’s Youth Ministry budget.
· Develop a long-range plan for Children’s Youth Ministry in collaboration with other ministerial staff.
· Help parents set a firm, biblical foundation for our youth so that as they graduate out of the programs they are able to stand firm on what God has said through His Word.
· Report to the Senior Minister for oversight, encouragement and coordination of church growth, themes and programs. Work closely with all other members of the church staff, effectively uniting with and complementing other ministries. Collaborate with Youth Minster when transitioning kids into the youth program.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings, bi-monthly board meetings and monthly elders’ meetings.
· Serve each and every person as Christ would and demonstrate what it looks like to serve and love the Church as Christ does.
· Be a part of the team – all other duties as assigned.
Burnside Christian Church (BCC) is located in Burnside, IL in Hancock County. Nestled along the Mississippi River, Hancock County has a population of about 19,000 with ample opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Each town throughout the county is unique with various events that take place throughout the year and has a welcoming and hometown feel. While Hancock County is a rural setting, there are numerous other opportunities within driving distance, including: Burlington, IA (home of the Burlington Bees baseball), Quincy, IL, and Hannibal, MO (home of Mark Twain) are all within an hour drive of BCC along with Peoria, IL and St. Louis, MO within only a few hours drive.
Established in 1873, BCC has been a mainstay in the community. Operating a regional church, BCC draws our members from the surrounding communities including LaHarpe, IL, Carthage, IL, & Dallas City, IL. Many have found that Burnside Christian Church is definitely worth the drive. Since COVID-19 the church has averaged approximately 150 weekly with three full-time ministers and is looking to add a fourth with the Children’s Director position. BCC has always had a vibrant youth ministry and over the past 8 years the children’s ministry has grown under the direction of the previous Children’s Director.
Many of the ministries at BCC are run solely by a dedicated volunteer team. We strive to get more people involved in ministry on a regular basis. One way we do so is by having ministry teams. One such team is our missions team. BCC has a rich history in missions involvement. Whether that be from supporting numerous ministries, travelling on missions trips, organizing work days within the community, or being part of sending members of our congregation into the mission field full-time, the church is dedicated to the Great Commission.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org