Website C-U at Home
70 E Washington St Champaign, IL
C-U at Home is a grassroots ministry based in Champaign that encourages and mobilizes the community to house and support the most vulnerable homeless on their journey of healing and restoration. C-U at Home is a ministry for people without homes, focused on sharing the love and compassion of Jesus with those in need.
The Phoenix Daytime Drop-In center is the centerpiece of our ministry, bringing our friends without an address together with our friends from the community. The Phoenix Coordinator will lead the day-to- day operations of The Phoenix. This position involves spending a significant amount of time interacting with the public—our friends without an address, volunteers, staff, interns, etc. The Phoenix Coordinator should be a positive representative of the ministry of C-U at Home, as well as an advocate for those who are in a homeless situation. This position reports to the Managing Director.
The Activities Coordinator should:
1. Be committed to the C-U at Home core values.
2. Possess a genuine compassion for and desire to serve the homeless and those in need.
3. Maintain a peaceful, safe, and comfortable environment.
4. Foster a positive, encouraging, grace-centered environment at the Phoenix while implementing the theories outlined in Toxic Charity and When Helping Hurts.
5. Remain calm under pressure and practice appropriate de-escalation techniques.
6. Ensure guest safety by contacting appropriate first responders as necessary.
7. Provide on-going orientation and training for new & existing volunteers.
8. Coordinate and supervise Phoenix Assistants, interns, community volunteers, and student volunteer groups.
9. Stay in constant contact with other ministry coordinators to provide wrap-around services to those we serve.
10. Maintain organization of all data, documents and necessary records and paperwork.
11. Keep an open line of communication with community collaborative partners.
12. Follow the guidelines, policies, procedures, and general philosophy of C-U at Home, including empowering vs. enabling.
13. Perform other duties as necessary to further the ministry of C-U at Home.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com