Website Center Christian Church
9112 N. 50 W., Knightstown, IN, 46148 (765-645-5348)
Center Christian Church
Job Description: Family Life Minister
Summary of Position: The Family Life Minister is the advocate for the generations of the church and will oversee the structures and atmosphere of the church to ensure that the family of God is working together to make disciples of the next generation.
Supervision: Family Life Minister will be under the general supervision of the Elders and the Senior Minister.
Minimum Qualification Required:
Is a baptized believer with a strong, mature Christian faith that is nurtured by worship, Bible study and prayer.
Has a thorough knowledge of the Bible and a desire to live and serve according to the expectations of God’s Word.
Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Christian Ministry or Youth and Family Ministry.
Has mature ministry experience.
Exhibits a proven track record in building relationships with youth and their families.
Must be able to teach, train and disciple other leaders and volunteers.
Demonstrates ability to work positively and energetically.
Maintains commitment to working in a team staff environment and shoulders responsibility among leadership.
Is innovative, creative, and goal-oriented.
Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Exercises initiative and judgment as an independent worker.
Possesses organizational and administration abilities.
Includes verifiable references and background check.
Areas of responsibility: The Family Life Minister will oversee the discipleship ministry of Center Christian Church. Candidate will work closely with the Senior Minister and ministry team leaders to ensure that our teams are focused on the scriptural mission and vision of outreach, growing spiritually, and making disciples, and will partner with the Senior Minister in meeting the Pastoral needs of the church by visiting members, potential members, shut-ins, and those in the hospital for surgery or other medical care.
Cultivating the internal community of families: (Establishing and implementing a strategy for fellowship, encouragement and edification of the families in the church through activities and events for the various stages of the family.)
· Plan and organize family outings to strengthen the fellowship and community among the believers at Center. (Examples could be: Indians game Outing as families, Creation Museum or Ark trip, Christian concert, etc.)
· Plan and organize one-time and ongoing events at the church where families can fellowship and build relationships with each other. (Examples could be: Family movie night, campfire fellowship, ice cream fellowship, back to school bash, Christmas Celebration, Halloween alternative, etc.)
· Encourage inter-generational gatherings to help the young and all generations to recognize how God is working in the whole family of God.
· Work with the Senior Minister and other ministry teams to ensure that there are opportunities for all generations to worship, learn and serve together.
Impacting the external community with families: (Establishing and implementing a strategy to support and grow the culture and opportunities to connect the community to the church and above all Jesus.)
· Plan and organize family friendly service projects that occur as one-time events and ongoing ministries.
· Support and serve with the outreach team in the planning and implementation of the yearly church-wide “Go Sunday”.
· Develop and implement community events for families to connect with the church and ultimately be introduced to the Good News of Jesus. (Examples could be: Upwards Basketball Outreach Program, Centershot Archery Outreach Program, M.O.P.S., All Pro Dads, etc.)
Equipping the disciple makers in the individual and corporate family:
· Oversee relational, engaging ministries to children and youth.
· Oversee the teams and the leadership on those teams.
· Ensure that all curriculum used is Biblical based.
· Connect with parents so that a clear partnership in the discipleship of their children is experienced and developed.
· Develop and expound a vision that leads to a focus on Biblical knowledge and application of that knowledge in our everyday lives. Set a system in place that moves frequent attendees to becoming active serving growing members
· Guide ministry leaders in selecting or developing a curriculum that is cohesive from birth to adulthood and that helps parents to complement the church learning with home learning.
· Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training with mentor support and encouragement.
· Oversee training that lead parents into a Biblical study to help them understand their role and responsibilities.
· Coach parents and children privately on specific issues in their family.
· Develop channels of resources that allow the parents to lead in their homes with confidence.
· Support, encourage and build relationships.
· Teach a variety of Sunday School Classes.
· Various roles during the worship services (examples could be: opening services, closing services, prayer, communion or offering meditations, and some preaching and teaching).
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org