Website Children's Home Association of Illinois
2130 N Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL 61603, 309-687-7212
Our EEO Policy
The Childrens Home Association is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. To read more about this, view the EEO is THE LAW poster.
Behavior Health Therapist
Job Code: 2021-BEHAVIOR-006
Classification Grade 15 Bi-Weekly
A Behavioral Health Therapist provides direct community-based clinical services to clients and families residing in the Tri-County area. A Behavioral Health Therapist positively represents the program and agency at internal and external groups/meetings. In addition to providing therapy, a Behavioral Health Therapist provides advocacy, parent education, skill-building, crisis intervention, and case management services to meet the client and family needs. An average day for a therapist could involve multiple individual, family, or group therapy sessions; internal or external meetings; and completing clinical documentation on a daily basis. The therapist will also be responsible for achieving the productivity goals of this position. All paperwork including integrated assessment and treatment plans, billing notes, case closings, and other written documentation need to be accurate and complete in accordance with the Medicaid Rule 132/140 and completed within the prescribed time lines.
Provide community-based clinical services to children and their families.
– Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field
– Experience and/or other training preparing one to work with multi-problem youth in their own homes and other agencies (Master’s preferred)
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Ability to effectively relate to youth, families, community agencies and referral sources
– Ability to work independently and as an active team member
– Demonstrates maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences in
children and families served
– Ability to handle job related matters in a professional, diplomatic and confidential manner
– Speaking and hearing ability to allow for effective oral communication of information
– Ability to transport self and clients to various locations
– Physical and emotional stamina to handle job-related issues and stress
– Competitive compensation.
– Medical, vision, dental insurance.
– Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account.
– 401K with company match.
– Company paid life insurance and LTD.
– Supplemental life insurance.
– PTO and Sick Time.
New Applicant? Apply Now Refer A
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com