Website Children's Home Association of Illinois
2130 N Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL 61603, 309-687-7212
Our EEO Policy
The Childrens Home Association is an equal opportunity employer
(Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without
regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. To read
more about this, view the EEO is THE LAW poster.
Job Code: 2021-ATLANTIS-001
Classification Grade 15 Bi-Weekly
We are looking for Residential Therapists for our Atlantis & Freedom Unit!
This person will have the ability to work as the member of a team. They will act as
the liaison for the school, team, and community. This person will have advanced
clinical skills and be able to educate the team members on diagnostic categories
and advocate for the best interest of each child. This person needs excellent time
management skills and must display strong attention to detail. They must possess
the willingness and ability to assist in crisis and be a part of the on-call rotation.
The Residential Therapist provides individual, group, and family therapy to
assigned youth in a residential setting. The therapist utilizes a strengths-based and
trauma-focused approach in the provision of all services. The therapist is
responsible for completing a comprehensive mental health assessment, the
development of service plans, documentation of services and for providing training
and consultation to all other residential employees.
– Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field (LCSW or LCPC
– Experience and/or other training preparing one to work with multi-problem youth
– Must be able to work in a multi-disciplinary team framework
– Effective interpersonal relationship skill
– High level skills in oral and written communications
– Demonstrates maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences in children, staff,
and families served
– Ability to handle job-related matters in a professional, diplomatic, and confidential manner
– Strong organizational skills, and ability to organize and execute responsibilities in an
– Vision, hearing and speaking ability that allows for effective communication of information
– Ability to physically restrain clients as needed
– Ability to transport self and clients to various locations
– Ability to pass DCFS driving requirements
– Physical and emotional stamina to effectively handle job-related issues and stress
– Competitive compensation.
– Medical, vision, dental insurance.
– Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account.
– 401K with company match.
– Company paid life insurance and LTD.
– Supplemental life insurance.
– PTO and Sick Time.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org