Website Children's Home Association of Illinois
2130 N Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL 61603, 309-687-7212
Our EEO Policy
The Childrens Home Association is an equal opportunity employer
(Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without
regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. To read
more about this, view the EEO is THE LAW poster.
School Based Therapist
Job Code: 2021-BEHAVIOR-008
Classification Grade 14 Bi-Weekly
A Behavioral Health Therapist provides direct community-based clinical services to clients and families residing in the Tri-County area. A Behavioral Health Therapist positively represents the program and agency at internal and external groups/meetings. In addition to providing therapy, a Behavioral Health Therapist provides advocacy, parent education, skill-building, crisis intervention, and case
management services to meet the client and family needs. An average day for a therapist could involve multiple individual, family, or group therapy sessions;
internal or external meetings; and completing clinical documentation on a daily basis. The therapist will also be responsible for achieving the productivity goals of
this position. All paperwork including integrated assessment and treatment plans, billing notes, case closings, and other written documentation need to be accurate and complete in accordance with the Medicaid Rule 132/140 and completed within
the prescribed time lines.
A School-Based Therapist provides direct clinical services to clients in their designated school.
– Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field
– Experience and/or other training preparing one to work with multi-problem youth
in their own homes and other agencies (Master’s preferred)
– Strong interpersonal skills; strong written and oral communication skills
– Ability to effectively relate to youth, families, community agencies and referral sources
– Ability to work independently and as an active team member
– Demonstrates maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences in
children and families served
– Ability to handle job related matters in a professional, diplomatic and confidential
– Speaking and hearing ability to allow for effective oral communication of
– Ability to transport self and clients to various locations
– Physical and emotional stamina to handle job-related issues and stress
– Competitive compensation.
– Medical, vision, dental insurance.
– Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account.
– 401K with company match.
– Company paid life insurance and LTD.
– Supplemental life insurance.
– PTO and Sick Time.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org