Website Christian Student Foundation of Pennsylvania
PO Box 221 State College, PA 16804
Christian Student Fellowship
The Pennsylvania State University: Brandywine campus
CSFPA is a collegiate ministry which oversees Christian campus communities on secular university campuses across Pennsylvania. Penn State Brandywine is part of the Pennsylvania State University system. Located twenty miles from Philadelphia, the Brandywine campus is well situated for growing a strong ministry. The majority of the 1700 students at Penn State Brandywine commute, though with with new dorms opening a couple years ago, student life is expanding on campus.
While a large portion of students spend two years at Brandywine prior to moving on to finish their degrees elsewhere, Brandywine has increased its number of bachelor’s degrees to 14, including engineering, IST, psychology and more. Christian Student Fellowship (also known on campus as Nittany Christian Fellowship) is a relatively new club on campus. CSF meets on a regular basis for prayer, worship and study as well as seeking to find ways to be a part of the campus community and to work for the good of campus through outreach, evangelism and acts of love.
The applicant must have a calling and heart for people to grow in their faith in Christ both in the local church and on the university campus. In an ever-changing world, it is essential for the applicant to be adaptable and flexible. Additional skills desired include self-motivation, public speaking and communication, creativity, teamwork and vision.
Prospective applicants should include a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information of at least three references.
A detailed job description is on the following pages. For additional information or questions about the campus ministry, please contact Dave Hershey (Assistant Executive Director of CSFPA) at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 610-763-2445.
Christian Student Foundation of PA – Campus Minister at Penn State Brandywine: Christian Student Fellowship (CSF) is a relatively new and small group of students on campus with tremendous potential. With new students coming to campus each year and moving into the world after graduation, campus ministry is uniquely positioned to affect the entire globe for the kingdom of God. The Associate Campus Minister will work with the CSFPA Assistant Executive Director to build a community of Christians on campus who are being discipled in the faith and moved to acts of love and outreach towards their peers on campus.
· Provide Christ-centered discipleship to students that prepares and equips them for lifelong growth in faith and service in the church.
Ø Cultivate relationships with new students and returning students each year
Ø Create off-campus mission opportunities for students
· Promote outreach to all students on campus that illustrates the beautiful truths of the Gospel and invites persons to become disciples of Jesus
Ø Coordinate acts of service and hospitality that demonstrate the love of Christ
Ø Create spaces where seekers and those interested in the Gospel can investigate Jesus on their own and ask questions in a safe space
· Oversees the student leadership of the Christian fellowships on each campus
Ø Develop leadership resources and train student leaders
Ø Assists students In organizing events and activities within the guidelines provided by the University
· Build relationships with churches and individuals that will benefit the ministry.
Ø Create and maintain financial support base with congregations and individuals
Ø Creatively find ways to invite churches and individuals to be involved in the ministry
· Actively contribute to development and leadership of CSFPA initiatives, such as new ministry planting or internship programs.
Leadership – Provide leadership to the students.
Teacher – Teach, disciple and share the gospel.
Learner – Possess a desire to study scripture, learn new things and be teachable
Holistic – Share the conviction that every area of study in academia is a study of God’s creation and helps students develop a Christian worldview that integrates their faith with their vocation
Example – Set a Christlike example for the students to emulate.
Flexible –Campus is always changing and requires adaptability and flexibility.
Wisdom –Ability to know how to set appropriate expectations for students, knowing when to challenge and convict them and when to give them space to make mistakes.
Passionate – CSFPA relies on faithful contributions of individuals and congregations. Therefore, a campus minister must be passionate about the ministry, pursuing partners who will donate and fund the work.
· The nature of campus ministry is that it is a ministry funded by financial partners. The candidate will begin actively fundraising immediately (with coaching from CSFPA staff) and will not begin work on campus until at least 75% of the financial goal is raised.
· The Campus Minister will attend all CSF large group gatherings and any additional programs CSF does each semester (retreats, mission trips, etc.) as well as being available on campus on a regular basis to meet with students. The minister will also attend CSFPA new staff training (virtually and face-to-face in July), staff retreats and other meetings as needed or appropriate.
The Assistant Executive Director, Executive Director and CSFPA Board oversee the Campus Minister in regard to all duties on campus.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com