Website Lincoln Christian University
100 Campus View Dr. Lincoln, IL 62656 217.732.3168
|Work Schedule:||Some evening classes, office hours|
|Reports To:||Vice President of Academics|
|Amount of Travel Required:||Minimal|
Lincoln Christian University invites applications for a full-time faculty member in the area of Counseling for their CACREP-accredited master’s program, effective June 1, 2023. Primary teaching responsibilities will be in LCU’s embedded Seminary.
- Teach graduate-level coursework, typically 18 hours a year
- Lead and monitor group supervision
- The MA in Counseling is a fully residential program and requires the faculty member to be on campus physically
- Accept as true LCU’s Statement of Faith and support LCU’s mission, vision, core values, and philosophy of education
- Adhere to all University policies faithfully including the Employee Handbook and live “above reproach”
- Participate in the spiritual life of campus
- Encouraged to lead spiritual events and engage in mentoring students
- Attend campus employee meetings as scheduled
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Applicants should possess a passion for teaching, a spirit of collegiality, and an ability to draw prospective students and support recruitment efforts
- Given the nature of this position, preferential consideration will be given to active members of independent Christian Churches or Churches of Christ, as these represent the University’s primary religious constituency
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the University
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program or have related doctoral degrees.
Experience: Significant experience in both teaching and counseling preferred; evidence of scholarly and professional engagement or contribution desired; volunteer/professional church ministry or pastor care experience highly valued.
If one does not hold a Doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision but has been a full-time faculty member for one academic year in a counselor education program prior to July 1, 2013, they may apply.
Computer Skills: Proficient skills in Word, Excel, and Google Suite.
Certificates & Licenses: Membership in a professional counseling organization (ACA and/or its divisions) and appropriate certification and/or licensure for practice required.
Other than an occasional site visit, all tasks are performed in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls.
|Reach Above Shoulder||O|
|Squat or Kneel||N|
|Lift/Carry||< 10 lbs||C|
|> 100 lbs||N|
|Push/Pull||< 12 lbs||O|
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Applicants should be prepared to respond to the University’s mission, core values, and statement of faith (available at https://lincolnchristian.edu/about-us/). Submissions will be accepted until position is filled.
Located in Lincoln, IL, LCU was founded in 1944 as a Bible institute – and we haven’t left that identity behind. In fact, we’ve embraced our past while also engaging our future. Today, LCU strives to meet the needs of students by designing a Christ-centered curriculum that not only prepares them for their chosen profession but also gives them the knowledge and desire to live our their faith in this fallen world. Our students come to LCU for a major. They leave on a Mission.
LCU has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment and LCU reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform as LCU may deem appropriate.
Lincoln Christian University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, disability, or prior military service. Lincoln Christian University encourages applicants who will contribute to the cultural diversity of the University to apply and to identify themselves if they wish. Federal guidelines clearly recognize the right of church-related institutions to seek personnel who will support the goals of the institution, including the right to select members of the church to which the institution is related.