Website Deer Creek Baptist C hurch
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR CHILDREN’S/YOUTH MINISTER
DEER CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH, Deer Creek, Illinois
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for the Children’s/Youth Ministry at Deer Creek Baptist Church.
The individual will be responsible for the following responsibilities as time allows in an initial ten hour paid commitment:
1. Teach a Jr/Sr. High Sunday School class weekly.
2. Teach the portion of Children’s Church during the worship service that involves Christian Education. Other helpers will be responsible for any related games, food, or crafts during this time as time allows.
3. Participate in planning, attending, and occasionally leading monthly youth activities. Other helpers will be available to help carry this out.
4. Leading youth participation, either monthly or quarterly, in regular Sunday morning worship services. The children’s/youth minister will be expected to coordinate all such participation with the Lead Minister at DCBC. Parents will be available to help carry this out.
5. Occasionally attend secular youth activities, such as school events, organized games or activities our youth are involved with, throughout the community.
6. Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor, as needed, to go over scheduling, plans, progress, etc.
*Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God and has a passion for children/youth.
*Willing to become an engaged member of the Deer Creek Baptist community.
*Loves young people and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
*Organized, prepared, punctual, self-starter with a positive attitude.
*Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision; flexible to changes in procedures and/or directions.
*Possesses strong computer skills and familiarity with social media tools and their use for ministering to youth.
*Lead efforts to maintain the children’s/youth ministry social media presence i.e. Faceboook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org