Website Lincoln Christian University
100 Campus View Drive, Lincoln, IL 62656 217-732-3168
|Work Schedule:||40+ hours/week, some weekend hours|
|FLSA Status:||Salary Exempt|
|Reports To:||Vice President of Enrollment|
|Positions Supervised:||Student worker(s)|
|Amount of Travel Required:||Continual|
Enrollment Counselor (Traditional Undergraduate) will serve as a member of the traditional undergraduate Enrollment Services team. The position will participate in team meetings, strategy sessions, and generally work to further the goals of the Enrollment Services staff: to build relationship with and recruit new students and enroll them in Lincoln Christian University. The primary function of this Enrollment Counselor will be undergraduate prospective student recruitment.
- Recruit and enroll prospective traditional-undergraduate students by:
- Building and maintaining relationships through calls, text, and emails with applicants and admits in the designated territory and ushering them through the application and enrollment process with a persuasive, outgoing approach
- Meeting with prospective students who visit campus, pitching LCU and connecting their vision with LCU’s vision
- Participating in various Enrollment events including, but not limited to, Preview Days, prospective student retreats, and the Lincoln Leaders Scholarship Competition
- Recruit and enroll prospective LEAP students
- Build and maintain relationships with Christian high schools within your assigned territory
- Contribute to Enrollment Services with events such as off-campus enrollment events, camp teams, retreats, The Vine, and The Forge. Tasks may be varied as necessary, both in preparation for the event and during the event itself.
- Communicating with campus personnel
- Communicate professionally with various members of the LCU campus community – faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends of the college
- The Enrollment Counselor should at all times view his or her position as that of LCU representative, and maintain professional, polite public conduct.
- Know the University’s catalogs, policies, academic programs, and faculty inside and out
- Work collaboratively – cross train and fill in gaps elsewhere in enrollment when needed
- Accept as true LCU’s Statement of Faith and support LCU’s mission, vision, core values, and philosophy of education
- Adhere to all University policies faithfully including the Employee Handbook and live “above reproach”
- Participate in the spiritual life of campus (including employee fall retreat with worship service and chapel attendance)
- Encouraged to lead spiritual events and engage in mentoring students
- Attend campus employee meetings as scheduled
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- This position will oversee the camp teams program or student ambassador program.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the University
- Understanding of undergraduate theological education
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills that would include public speaking and presentations before large and small groups, and also proficiency in text message and email formats
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospective students, parents and grandparents, and youth ministers, all of various backgrounds and circumstances
- Strong organizational, time management, and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage, and prioritize multiple project and work independently and collaboratively
- Proven success and experience in interacting effectively with diverse populations
- Must be able to and willing to travel, including some overnight
- Must have current driver’s licen, acceptable driving record, and be able to travel on aircraft
- Ability to work some irregular hours, evenings, and weekends as requested
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required
Experience: Enrollment experience in Christian High Education preferred
Computer Skills: Proficiency in working with computers, word processing, and spreadsheet management software
- Office setting
- Various campus, church, and ministry environments
|Reach Above Shoulder||O|
|Squat or Kneel||F|
|Life/Carry||< 10 lbs||C|
|> 100 lbs||N|
|Push/Pull||< 12 lbs||O|
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Applicants should be prepared to respond to the University’s mission, core values, and statement of faith (available at https://lincolnchristian.edu/about-us/). Submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to Taylor Payne, Director of Human Resources, by email at email@example.com. Submissions will be accepted until position is filled.
Lincoln Christian University was founded in the heart of Illinois in 1944. Today, more than 1,000 students pursue their undergraduate, seminary, and adult and graduate studies education at our main campus, extension sites, and online. The Las Vegas extension site was started in fall 2007 to provide greater accessibility to LCU’s School of Adult & Graduate Studies. LCU’s Las Vegas extension site concentrates on degree completion programs with an enrollment of approximately 60 students. LCU offers a variety of majors and degrees ranging from professional two-year associate degrees to the Doctor of Ministry. The school is historically associated with the Christian Church/Church of Christ, or Restoration (Stone-Campbell) Movement. LCU alumni have served across the United States and in more than 160 countries. LCU gives its students the knowledge, skills, and Biblical worldview to live their mission in the church, the workplace, and the world. Additional information about Lincoln Christian University is available at www.lincolnchristian.edu.
Lincoln Christian University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, disability, or prior military service. Lincoln Christian University encourages applicants who will contribute to the cultural diversity of the University to apply and to identify themselves if they wish. Federal guidelines clearly recognize the right of church-related institutions to seek personnel who will support the goals of the institution, including the right to select members of the church to which the institution is related.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org