Website Lincoln Christian University
100 Campus View Dr., Lincoln, IL 62656 217.732.3168
|Work Schedule:||M-F; 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM|
|FLSA Status:||Hourly Non-Exempt|
|Reports To:||Director of Facilities Management|
|Amount of Travel Required:||None|
This position exists to assist in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings and grounds.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform maintenance work on plumbing, electrical and HVAC/r systems as required
- Carry out general maintenance work on campus as required
- Handle 7 day (Monday – Sunday) “on call” responsibilities on a rotating basis with other Maintenance personnel
- Accept as true LCU’s Statement of Faith and support LCU’s mission, vision, core values, and philosophy of education
- Adhere to all University policies faithfully including the Employee Handbook and live “above reproach”
- Participate in the spiritual life of campus (including employee fall retreat with worship service and chapel attendance)
- Encouraged to lead spiritual events and engage in mentoring students
- Attend campus employee meetings as scheduled
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- General knowledge of systems used on campus – (HVAC, electrical, water, buildings, etc.)
- Ability to operate basics of heavy equipment (front-end loader, tractors, snow removal equipment, etc.)
- Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds
- Ability to model a servant-leader, Christ-like attitude and behavior toward students and colleagues
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the University
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High school graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Minimum of 3 years maintenance related work history; HVAC/Refrigeration experience highly preferred
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills required
Facility management building and all the buildings and grounds of LCU.
|Reach Above Shoulder||C|
|Squat or Kneel||F|
|Lift/Carry||< 10 lbs||F|
|> 100 lbs||O|
|Push/Pull||< 12 lbs||F|
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Applicants should be prepared to respond to the University’s mission, core values, and statement of faith (available at https://lincolnchristian.edu/about-us/). Submissions will be accepted until position is filled.
Lincoln Christian University was founded in the heart of Illinois in 1944. Today, more than 1,000 students pursue their undergraduate, seminary, and adult and graduate studies education at our main campus, extension sites, and online. LCU offers a variety of majors and degrees ranging from professional two-year associate degrees to the Doctor of Ministry. The school is historically associated with the Christian Church/Church of Christ, or Restoration (Stone-Campbell) Movement. LCU alumni have served across the United States and in more than 160 countries. LCU gives its students the knowledge, skills, and Biblical worldview to live their mission in the church, the workplace, and the world. Additional information about Lincoln Christian University is available at www.lincolnchristian.edu.
Lincoln Christian University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, disability, or prior military service. Lincoln Christian University encourages applicants who will contribute to the cultural diversity of the University to apply and to identify themselves if they wish. Federal guidelines clearly recognize the right of church-related institutions to seek personnel who will support the goals of the institution, including the right to select members of the church to which the institution is related.