Website First Baptist Pekin
This is a one to two-year paid internship/residency with housing provided. A permanent, full-time position could be extended upon completion. The primary duties include administering Jr. and Sr. High Student Ministry as well as 3 to 5 hours of weekly tech responsibilities for the Sunday services. Tech software training is provided. This is a 42 hour per week position.
• Model a Christ-centered lifestyle inside and outside of ministry.
• Establish positive and encouraging relationships with students by investing in their lives.
• Administrate and execute Wednesday evening youth ministry, providing fun activities and a lesson.
• Develop and lead quarterly outreach events that give students a special opportunity to invite friends to the youth ministry.
• Attend the youth Sunday school class and teach as needed.
• Manage the student ministry budget.
• Recruit and develop volunteer leaders, empowering them to share in ministry responsibilities.
• Provide monthly communication to parents using all mediums available.
• Provide an annual hands-on opportunity for service to the community or a mission trip.
• Profess faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Possess a heart for youth.
• Take initiative; be self-directed, able to lead a team with respect for all.
• Teach according to the Biblical doctrine of First Baptist Church (see attached).
Abilities and Skills:
• Effective communicator and organizer who can recruit and delegate.
• Knowledge of Youth Ministry and Christian Education concepts and methods.
• Willing to learn and receive additional training for church service tech and online streaming.
Student or graduate of a school of ministry/Bible college or university.
Up to $25,000 for 42 hours per week and housing.
Youth Ministry Budget:
Up to $5,000 annually. We also encourage one to two annual fundraisers (after church meal led by youth ministry) for goal-oriented projects (mission trips, retreats, etc.)
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org