Website First Christian Church
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks of the Student and Children’s Ministry Coordinator
1. Collaborates with the student and children’s ministry team to plan and execute a comprehensive program that includes worship, fellowship, and age-appropriate studies that guide children as they grow in faith.
2. Lead in the creation and annual updating of safety policies and guidelines.
3. Choose and provide all student and children’s ministry curriculum and plan, create, and implement weekly programs for children.
4. Regularly and intentionally communicate with parents, families, and student and children’s ministry leaders within the church and our community to ensure that children have many opportunities to thrive.
5. Recruit, train, and encourage student and children’s ministry volunteers.
6. Plan, schedule, and oversee special events throughout the year.
7. Respond to emails, phone calls, and other inquiries in the student and children’s ministry in a timely and professional manner.
8. Prepare classroom materials in a timely manner and ensure that classrooms are set up and ready for Sunday services and special events.
9. Oversee the schedule of student and children’s ministry volunteers for Sunday services and other events to ensure that all positions are covered and an adequate child to volunteer ratio is maintained.
10. Manage the budget and use of student and children ministry facilities.
11. Manage smooth check-in procedures on Sundays and track weekly student and children’s ministry attendance.
12. Create annual goals for the student and children’s ministry. (These will be used in the evaluation process)
13. Weekly one on one meetings with the Senior Pastor to keep open lines of communication.
14. Attend weekly staff meetings.
Please contact us for a full job description.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com