Website First Christian Church of Shell Knob
First Christian Church is an independent Christian church founded in 1975. As is typical of lakeside locations, the community is predominately retirees or part-time residents with a burgeoning population during the summer months and a much quieter tempo in the winter season. This is reflected in our church congregation, which is made up of mostly mature working adults and retirees. The church has been growing steadily, with about 100 in the church family and a typical weekly attendance of about 70 people.
We are looking for an experienced pastor, married, with a college degree in theology who comes from an independent Christian church understanding who will:
· Shepherd and continue encouraging the growth of our congregation, recognizing that ultimately Christ grows the church.
· Lead us to the Lord’s word each week with Bible-based, Holy Spirit-inspired expository messages. They will function as the preaching pastor, overseeing all preaching and teaching, even when absent.
· Train and grow leaders among the congregation.
· Strategize, lead, and implement church-wide initiatives to further the church mission for the kingdom of God, releasing folks to minister outside the building walls.
· Have a strong pastoral heart, conduct an active visitation program of members, prospects, and the sick.
· Serve as an ex officio member of the Church Board, and present a monthly report of the ministry of the church to the board.
· Plan and encourage the neighborhood Home Groups in cooperation with the elders.
Salary is negotiable. Historically, our church has used churchsalary.com to guide our pastor compensation package.
A parsonage (three-bedroom, 2000 square feet, two-car garage, walk-out basement, and including a boat slip) is available. If the pastoral candidate does not need a parsonage, a parsonage allowance is provided.
Benefits include medical benefit allowance, reimbursement of travel expenses (mileage and meals), cell phone and home internet allowance, annual attendance at a theology/church ministry conference of your choice, and paid vacation. A 403b retirement plan is available.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com