Website First Christian Church
Worship Minister (Part-time)
First Christian Church of Union, an independent Christian Church located about 50 miles southwest of St. Louis, MO is searching for a part-time Worship Minister to join our staff. We are in pursuit of an individual with a passionate heart for Christ and leading others to worship Him; an individual who can come alongside us and work with our worship ministry team and ministry staff. This position will be compensated with a $400 per week salary.
- Oversee and create a Christ-centered worship experience on Sunday mornings for our adult worship services (2 services).
- Possess a strong Bible knowledge along with a teachable spirit who is willing to learn and grow.
- Develop alongside the senior minister and worship ministry team a strategy for and implementation of experiences that will enhance the worship ministry at FCC.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers for worship ministry for Sunday mornings and special events.
- Build relationships with families and individuals in the congregation.
- Develop and oversee the annual budget with the aid of the worship ministry team.
- Willingness to serve as needed in other areas of ministry as assigned by the Senior Minister to help the church fulfill its mission, vision, and purpose.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
Personal Skills and Qualifications
- Maintain a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ with a desire to teach and mentor others in biblical truth.
- Demonstrate a passion and love for others.
- Possess the ability to create an atmosphere which empowers volunteers and other leaders to grow and use their talents for Christ and His church.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to understand the complexities of music and its value in worship.
- Ability to read music and play a musical instrument(s) that is appropriate for leading in a contemporary fashion in worship.
- Possess the ability to sing and lead others in vocal expression of their love for God.
- Possess knowledge and have experience with audio and video technology used in worship service (i.e., Computer [both Mac and Windows] ProPresenter 7, Digital Sound System, video and lighting systems, etc.)
- Understanding of and willingness to utilize new technologies to keep the ministry on the cutting edge of ministry.
- Work as a player with a servant’s heart to see all succeed.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org