Website First Presbyterian Church of Belvidere
221 N. Main St. Belvidere, IL 61008 (815) 544-6402
· Plan, develop, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate the Christian Education Program in accordance with the policies and directions of the Session of First Presbyterian Church of Belvidere. To work with the Pastor in developing and implementing the total education program for the church.
· Build and maintain a digital media presence for the church.
· Provide spiritual guidance with the children and youth of the church to develop and enhance their personal relationship with Christ and with each other.
· Oversee all levels of children’s and youth ministries.
· Review and select curriculum materials to be used.
· Empower parents to be involved with the faith development of their children.
· Recruit and recommend teachers.
· Be a role model for the children and youth by demonstrating a Christ-like attitude in all circumstances.
· Maintain contact with children and youth and their parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities through oral communications and social media.
· Recruit for Summer Sunday School if needed.
· Organize and recruit workers for Vacation Bible School.
· Recruit and organize summer programs, such as conferences, mission trips, and camps.
· Help with special events – such as Christmas activities.
· Support the I.T. ministry at First Church of Belvidere by assisting with the church website, social media, and other technology needs in order to strengthen the ministry effectiveness of the church.
· Provide monthly reports as needed.
· Must have a commitment to Christ and a calling to Children and Youth Ministry.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or comparable experience is preferred.
· Ability to work independently, self-starter, enthusiastic, flexible.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Also, ability to communicate via social media.
· Able to work evening and weekends.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com