Website Garden City Church of Christ
Associate Minister of Youth & Worship
Purpose: Garden City Church of Christ in Columbus, Indiana, is a church that is committed to connecting people to Christ, to one another, and to service. We are currently seeking a full-time associate minister to lead us in our mission in the areas of youth and worship.
· You have been called by God to serve in both youth and worship ministries, and you have been ordained by a Christian Church/Church of Christ church that recognizes your calling.
· You agree with and support the stated doctrine and mission of Garden City Church of Christ (see our statement of faith on our website: www.gardencitychurch.com/who-we-are/what-we-believe).
· You are excited to shepherd existing volunteer ministry teams and develop new leaders.
· You are a builder at heart, and desperately long to see God build His Kingdom through the ministry of the local church.
· You thrive in a team-based ministry environment where ministry leaders build one another up.
· You make certain all elders/ministers are kept informed as to long-range and short term planning.
· A Christian who has experienced Believer’s Baptism by immersion and is a committed member of the local congregation
· Has earned a Bachelor’s Degree or greater from an accredited Bible College or Seminary from a Restoration church college/university
· Has a servant heart that is willing to help others
· Possesses strong administrative skills and is good at managing details
· Has a love for the worship of our Lord and is capable of leading others to worship
· Has a heart and calling for youth ministry
· For married candidates, a spouse in full support of your ministry calling, who will serve in the church in the way that suits their own gifts
1. Youth Ministry (Sixth thru Twelfth Grades) – 50%
· This candidate must have strong communication and planning skills. Must be able to easily communicate with our youth and their parents. The ability to plan events, Bible studies, and ministry trips is critical for this position.
· Develop deep relationships with our junior high and high school students. Frequently visit students during their lunch hours, attending weeknight sporting/musical events to support our youth and meet new students, etc.
· Develop a team of volunteers, and student leaders, and work alongside parents to engage students.
· Train other volunteers and parents on how to engage our youth. Help them ask meaningful questions, lead Bible discussions, facilitate small groups, model the value of opening your home to young people, the power of vulnerability, etc.
· Plan and conduct youth retreats, mission projects, and ministry activities for new believers.
· Maintain and enforce Safety and Security policies and procedures.
· Oversee the selection and implementation of all curriculum.
· Develop strategies to expand the youth ministry.
· Update youth ministry publicity (posters, webpages, and social media) to keep staff, volunteers, and parents informed.
· Plan and oversee the Youth Ministry budget in coordination with the Management Team.
2. Worship Ministry – 40%
· Planning, preparation, and coordination of worship services with input from the Praise Team and general oversight from the Lead Minister.
· Selection of all praise/worship music while maintaining unity of the church through “blended” music selection from styles that are both traditional and contemporary.
· Coordination of special worship events and a worship team schedule.
· Leads the congregation in worship regularly in rotation with other music team leaders.
· Maintain presentation software, database, and CCLI License information in coordination with Office Manager.
· Help maintain system equipment.
· Work with the Management Team to develop and implement the worship budget.
3. General Pastoral – 10%
· Prays regularly for the church and shares prayer needs with other staff members.
· Attend weekly staff meetings.
· Keep consistent office hours.
· Participate with the Elders in the shepherding of the congregation, including teaching and preaching, visitation, counseling, and other pastoral duties as needed.
· Works closely with, and reports to, the Lead Minister.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org