Website Lincoln Christian Univeristy
|Reports To:||Director of Athletics|
|Amount of Travel Required:||Minimal|
Coordinates and oversees all aspects of the esports program.
- Provide gameplay instruction, helping conduct practices and training sessions with team both in-season and out of season
- Coordinate recruiting efforts of the program in conjunction with Director of Athletics and Enrollment Services. This includes but is not limited to:
- Communicating with recruits/parents about LCU and the esports program
- Promotion of the esports program, including building relationships with high school, community college, and non-scholastic esports coaches while building up the program’s platform online
- Help plan and facilitate recruit days, clinics, and on-campus visits
- Pursue sponsorship opportunities within the esports business world both locally and beyond
- Assist in the upkeep and advancement of the LCU esports competition arena
- Help to foster spiritual growth among the team while leading by example
- Accept as true LCU’s Statement of Faith and support LCU’s mission, vision, core values, and philosophy of education
- Adhere to all University policies faithfully including the Employee Handbook and live “above reproach”
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Knowledge of esports with past playing or coaching experience preferred. Preference given to candidates with demonstrated experience working with multiplayer online video games with team-based elements, i.e., Overwatch, Rocket League, etc.
- Ability to cast and carry out a vison for the LCU esports program
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead people effectively
- Proven success and experience in interacting effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to work some irregular hours, evenings, and weekends as requested
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the University
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred but not required
Experience: Previous coaching or playing experience preferred; preference given for playing and coaching experience at the collegiate or professional level
Computer Skills: Word processing and spreadsheet management software experience preferred along with working knowledge of video livestreaming and the use of social media applications
- Indoor athletic environments and facilities at Lincoln Christian University
*While an on-campus coach is preferred, consideration will be given to candidates who desire to coach the team remotely.
|Reach Above Shoulder||F|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|Life/Carry||< 10 lbs||F|
|> 100 lbs||N|
|Push/Pull||< 12 lbs||O|
Applicants should be prepared to respond to the University’s mission, core values, and statement of faith (available at https://lincolnchristian.edu/about-us/). Submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to Taylor Payne, Director of Human Resources, by email at email@example.com. Submissions will be accepted until position is filled.
Lincoln Christian University was founded in the heart of Illinois in 1944. Today, more than 1,000 students pursue their undergraduate, seminary, and adult and graduate studies education at our main campus, extension sites, and online. The Las Vegas extension site was started in fall 2007 to provide greater accessibility to LCU’s School of Adult & Graduate Studies. LCU’s Las Vegas extension site concentrates on degree completion programs with an enrollment of approximately 60 students. LCU offers a variety of majors and degrees ranging from professional two-year associate degrees to the Doctor of Ministry. The school is historically associated with the Christian Church/Church of Christ, or Restoration (Stone-Campbell) Movement. LCU alumni have served across the United States and in more than 160 countries. LCU gives its students the knowledge, skills, and Biblical worldview to live their mission in the church, the workplace, and the world. Additional information about Lincoln Christian University is available at www.lincolnchristian.edu.
Lincoln Christian University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, disability, or prior military service. Lincoln Christian University encourages applicants who will contribute to the cultural diversity of the University to apply and to identify themselves if they wish. Federal guidelines clearly recognize the right of church-related institutions to seek personnel who will support the goals of the institution, including the right to select members of the church to which the institution is related.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org