Website Heyworth Christian church
HEYWORTH CHRISTIAN CHURCH – SENIOR MINISTER JOB DESCRIPTION
Description – The Senior Minister is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the congregation of Heyworth Christian Church (HCC), and to lead in broad-based evangelism, discipleship, and counseling to the surrounding community and beyond. This includes but is not limited to providing spiritual leadership through example, preaching/teaching, working with the Elders to implement the vision and mission of the church, equipping the congregation for various works of ministry, and shepherding the people in partnership with the Elders, Deacons, Church Council and ministry teams.
The Senior Minister reports directly to the Elders to whom they are accountable. The Senior Minister will be evaluated annually by the Elders based on this job description and any specific written goals set as a part of an annual plan developed in cooperation with the Elders.
·Believe without reservation in the full and final inspiration of the Bible as the infallible Word of God (see “The Chicago Statement of Biblical Inerrancy”).
•Believe unreservedly in the supreme authority of Jesus Christ as the divine Son of the living God.
•Agreement with HCC’s doctrine and practices.
•Model the grace and love of God in their personal life, family and working relationship with the church family and community.
·Graduate education and appropriate experience to fulfill his duties.
The Senior Minister is:
· An effective communicator in accurately preaching/ teaching the Word of God (Bible), and providing avenues of application.
· A full-member of Heyworth Christian Church (HCC) and lead teaching, preaching and counseling Elder of HCC.
· Spirit-led, mature believer whose spiritual life shows through in their preaching.
· A disciple-maker who leads others into greater commitment to Christ.
· A model of interaction with the community.
· A spokesperson for HCC within the community.
· One who inspires others with the vision and mission of the church.
· Committed to developing others to their highest level of spiritual maturity.
· A life-long learner.
· Prepares sermons and preaching schedules.
· Works with the Worship ministry team to insure that the worship services are effective regarding content, style, structure and design.
· Creates opportunities for people to respond to the message of the Gospel through evangelistic sermons.
·Plans and implements small group ministries that enable attendees to learn more about the Scriptures so they can grow spiritually in their daily walk with Jesus Christ.
·Engages/ leads in the Heyworth Ministerial Association.
·Engages in the community in clubs, committees, as a speaker and/or facilitator or volunteer in key community endeavors according to their passion and interest.
· Equips and mobilizes the membership within the church in the role of evangelism and in the development of strategic outreach ministries and initiatives.
· Inspires the congregation to spiritual maturity through personal example.
·Provides care for spiritual, emotional and physical needs in partnership with other church leaders.
· Works with the Elders, Deacons and others in administering the Lord’s Supper outside of church services as necessary for shut-ins and those in nursing homes.
· Proactively identifies problems/challenges and offers creative solutions for resolution.
· Coordinates with Elders and Deacons in making hospital visits to congregants.
· Provides professional counseling therapy and implements social work knowledge and research in macro, mezzo and micro areas of HCC.
· Conducts baptisms, funerals, pre-marital counseling and weddings.
· Devotes time to spiritual, mental, physical development and well-being through personal disciplines.
·Attends courses/workshops/conferences as appropriate.
·Attends small group as a participant or leads a small group as time permits.
· Works alongside the Elders in implementing the church’s vision and mission, and in developing and implementing a strategic plan.
· Will create a leadership process to develop new leaders in the church.
· Creates and implements processes that provides a forum to integrate new congregants into an understanding of HCC’s vision and mission, and various opportunities for service within the church and the community.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org