Website Hillsboro Presbyterian Church
506 S. Main Street, PO Box 306, Hillsboro, IL 217-532-2171
After 10 years, our youth director has been called to church plant in western Kansas. This youth ministry position is full-time but it can be adapted to ¾ time if needed due to ongoing studies. The position involves working alongside the youth pastor of the Free Methodist Church with an ecumenical spirit for the advance of the Gospel. Desired outcomes include an increase in the spiritual growth of the youth through such activities as Bible study, worship, and fellowship; an increase in the amount of ministry being accomplished by the youth (plugging them into doing ministry), and numerical increase through outreach with the Gospel.
The Youth Director will be accountable to the Board of Elders (Session), through the Administrative Committee, and indirectly accountable to the Pastor. It will be expected the Youth Director will meet monthly with the Board of Elders to report on the ministry being done.
The Youth Director will set goals for ministry in partnership with the youth pastor of the Free Methodist Church. The performance of the Youth Director will be evaluated and reviewed at least annually by the Pastor and the Administrative Committee. The evaluation will be based on effectiveness in reaching the goals of this position.
▪ A calling by God to minister to youth
▪ Meets Biblical requirements for leadership as found in Acts 7, Titus 1, and 1 Timothy 3
▪ An ecumenical spirit, in particular, willing to work with a combined youth group with the Hillsboro Free Methodist Church.
▪ Be an example of the living faith
▪ Possess the gift of teaching
▪ If married, spouse is a committed Christian and is supportive of the ministry
Contact us for a complete job description: 217-494-9291 (text) firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com