Website Illinois Department of Human Services
Work Location: Anna, IL, US, 62906-1652
Posting ID: 10-80-17385
Agency: Department of Human Services
Opening Date: 8/29/2023
Closing Date: 9/26/2023
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $24.01 – $56.72 per hour
Work Location: 1000 N Main St Anna, IL 62906-1652
Work Hours: 8 hours per day / 3 days per week
Job Type: Hourly Intermittent
Number of Vacancies: 1
Plan/BU: Personal Service Contract
****A RESUME IS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB POSTING****
Please attach a DETAILED Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), a copy of your transcripts or diploma for all degrees earned, and a copy of any applicable professional licensures to the MY DOCUMENTS section of your application. Please note that the Department of Human Services must verify proof of higher education for any degree earned (if applicable) before any offer can be extended. You WILL NOT be considered for the position if you attach a CMS100, CMS100b or any other document in lieu of a Resume or CV.
Serves as Clinical Psychologist. Diagnoses individual’s mental illness and provides professional psychological assessment and treatment services for a broad range of intellectually and developmentally disabled adults through the facility. Prepares and signs certificates for admission. Determines necessity of continued admission for individuals and the admission status (Voluntary, Involuntary or Judicial commitment). Provides testimony as an expert witness in court proceedings. Serves as working supervisor; assigns and reviews work; provides guidance and training to assigned staff. Responsible for preparing and signing all certificates for admissions, determining necessity of continued admission for individuals and the admission status following the State and Federal regulations that govern State Operated Facilities. Provides guidance and training to assigned staff.
1. Serves as working supervisor, assigns and reviews work; provides guidance and training to assigned staff; counsels staff regarding work performance; reassigns staff to meet day-to-day operating needs; establishes annual goals and objectives; approves time off; prepares and signs performance evaluations.
2. Serves as Clinical Psychologist. Determines and authorizes level of privileges or restrictions for individuals, including home visits, campus passes, suicide alerts and watches, restraints, etc. in accordance with facility policies.
3. Prepares and signs certificates for admission. Determines necessity of continued admission for individual individuals and the admission status (Voluntary, Involuntary or Judicial commitment). Approves discharges when clinically indicated. Completes and signs certificate for Involuntary or Judicial commitment and provides testimony as an expert witness in court proceedings.
4. Diagnoses individual’s mental illness and provides professional psychological assessment and treatment services for a broad range of intellectually and developmentally disabled adults throughout the facility. Provides psychological evaluation of personality, psychopathology, intelligence, neuropsychological status, etc.; selects, administers, scores, and interprets psychological assessment techniques and psychometric tests based upon individual’s needs, abilities, and referral questions.
5. Provides psychotherapy for individuals in individual, group, or family contexts to resolve psychological and interpersonal problems, develop coping and planning skills, and improves personal, social and occupational functioning.
6. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Licensure as a Clinical Psychologist by Illinois Department of Federal and Professional Regulation with one of the below requirements.
2. A doctoral degree in psychology from a recognized college or university supplemented with two (2)years supervised experience in health services of which at least one (1) year is post-doctoral and one (1) year is an organized health service program -OR- a master’s degree in psychology from a recognized college or university supplemented by at least six (6) years of experience as a psychologist with at least two (2) years of supervised experience in health services.
3. Expert knowledge of ICF/IID regulations.
4. Expert knowledge of Illinois Department of Public Health regulations related to the preparing and signing of certificates for admissions, determining necessity of continued admission for individuals, and the admission status.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
2. Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
3. Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
About the Agency:
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need all across Illinois. Our mission is providing equitable access to social services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefit package that includes the following:
· A Pension Program
· Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
· 3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
· 12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
· 10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually – (10 days in year one of employment)
· *Personal, Sick, & Vacation rates modified for 12-hour Work Schedules (as applicable)
· 13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even numbered years
· Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
· 10 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
· Deferred Compensation Program – A supplemental retirement plan
· Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
· Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
· 5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
· Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
To apply for this job please visit illinois.jobs2web.com.