Website Illinois Department of Human Services
401. S Clinton St. Chicago, IL 60607
The Division of Developmental Disabilities is pleased to announce an opening for a Southern Regional Facilitator. The division is seeking to hire someone who is highly motivated and dedicated to improving/impacting the lives of the individuals we serve.
- 35% Serves as the Southern Regional Facilitator.
- 25% Serves as full-line supervisor.
- 15% Provides technical assistance to Individual Service Coordination agencies on the more complex issues and the ongoing monitoring of these services.
- 10% Assesses individuals’ appropriateness for state-operated facility services according to DD Code criteria and the services available in a state-operated setting including the management of referrals and contacts for admissions to state-operated facilities and/or the coordination of concurrent placements between the state-operated facility and community providers.
- 5% Travels to direct, execute and/or manage the review of programmatic monitoring of DHS-funded agency programs by conducting on-site visits to agencies.
- 5% Serves on ad-hoc and standing workgroups.
- 5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of four (4) years of college with course work in a social or human services field.
- Requires three (3) years progressively responsible administrative experience in a health or human services public or private organization.
Preferred Qualifications (in priority order)
- Two (2) years of professional experience communicating with both internal and external stakeholders daily ensuring detailed and critical analysis of work performed.
- Two (2) years of professional supervisory experience assigning work, providing guidance to subordinates, recommending counseling and/or discipline following collective bargaining agreements, training staff, preparing and signing performance evaluations, and approving time off.
- Two (2) years of work experience as a trained individual to work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Two (2) years of professional experience meeting deadlines with strong attention to detail and the ability to utilize critical thinking skills while multi-tasking multiple projects.
- One (1) year of professional experience working with waiver rules, regulations, legislation, and policies impacting individuals with developmental disabilities.
- One (1) year of professional experience working with community organizations or social services-related work for a public or private organization.
- One (1) year of professional experience analyzing and evaluating programs and operations for a service delivery system.
- Master’s degree in social services or human services-related field.
Conditions of Employment
- Requires ability to travel, including overnight stays.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Requires ability to meet criteria as a Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP).
This current title is not yet an active post on our State website. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email Zhuya.firstname.lastname@example.org. Once it becomes available, we will send all applicants the corresponded link and more detailed directions to apply online.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com