Website Journey Christian Church
JOB OPENING FOR PART TIME WORSHIP LEADER, JOURNEY CHRISTIAN CHURCH, FAIRBANKS, ALASKA
The worship leader works with our pastor in creating worship services/experiences and worship teams that help lead our congregation to experience the goodness of God. Developing dynamic congregational worship, through singing the best of old and new songs (we have a contemporary worship style).
1. Living authentically, in a way that reveals that Jesus Christ is the Lord of your life.
2. Planning and leading our weekly Sunday 10:00 a.m. worship service (being open to adding additional services if needed). Choosing Christian songs that engage the congregation and support the preaching of God’s Word. If additional services are added the compensation agreement would be revisited.
3. Leading authentic worship in an inviting style that pulls people in and points people to Jesus.
4. Recruiting, auditioning, and training musicians. Recruiting and partnering with the AV/production team, providing the service to both the in-person and the on-line congregation.
5. Leading weekly rehearsals to prepare for Sunday and cultivate the worship team as a small group, helping team members connect to Jesus Christ and each other.
6. Building on where we are as a church, yet seeking a vision for where God might be calling us to grow in new expressions of worship.
7. Serving as a member of the ministry leadership team at Journey, demonstrating a commitment to this congregation and its mission. During the school year there is typically a weekly leadership meeting about an hour long.
COMPENSATION: The worship leader is expected to work 20 to 25 hours per week. The pay is $20 to $25 per hour depending on experience. The individual receives three weeks off a year with pay but is expected to have a plan for how those three weeks are covered.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com