Website Lane Christian Church
4794 Lane St. Lane, IL 61750
We’re ordinary people helping each other become faithful followers of Jesus.
To influence people who think God is irrelevant and encourage them as Jesus transforms their lives.
Believe it…Grow it… Send it…
The Children’s Minister, working in conjunction with the staff and appointed leadership will act as a catalyst in equipping our children (birth-5th grade) to fully experience the life change and transformation offered through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ by ministering the Word of God through engaging teaching and programing which focuses on equipping them in the beginning stages of their journey of spiritual growth by laying the foundation for a Kingdom focused transformational life.
- This position does not have a defined schedule, in that there are no set office-hours.
- While there is no defined schedule, the average weekly time allotment needed to fulfill required tasks is +/- 40 hours.
- The Children’s Minister will serve as the head of the Children’s Ministry team.
- The Children’s Minister reports directly to, and operates under the guidance of the appointed Elders.
- A performance evaluation by the Elders will occur on an annual basis
- Must be able to relate well with leadership, staff, members, volunteers, and guests.
- Must be a flexible and teachable team player and leader.
- Must have the ability to accomplish assigned tasks utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management, and collaboration skills. Must have the ability to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
- Must have the ability to think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current ministry priorities.
- Must have the ability to handle confidential matters and material with professional excellence.
- Effectively present the Word of God through effective teaching and programs.
- Effectively articulate the identity, mission, and vision of Lane Christian Church.
- Collaborate with ministry staff to provide for the needs of the congregation and community; weddings, funerals, baptism’s, counseling, ministry programs etc.
- Participate in the building of an effective team-based ministry environment, where the players are mutually accountable, mutually encouraging, and ministry focused.
- Participate in the new/perspective members gatherings.
- Facilitate the spiritual growth of the children’s ministry team, helping in the formation of committed disciples, by identifying, equipping, and releasing an army of child-focused servant-leaders who play their part in carrying out the ministry of the church.
- Lead weekly youth group meetings and lead weekly junior church program.
- Attend monthly leadership meetings, providing up-to-date ministry status reports.
- Compile the annual Children’s ministry budget and submit it to the finance committee.
- Develop, promote, and coordinate a balanced and cohesive children’s ministry program.
- Secure and coordinate volunteers for the Children’s ministry team.
- Be an advocate for the children, educating and engaging the congregation concerning the ministry plans and needs of children in our congregation and community.
- Perform other duties “as assigned” by the Elders.
The greatest challenge relating to this position will be to recruit, build, train, and empower team members for effective Children’s ministry, bringing a new/enhanced and sustainable vision for this ministry to life.
Lane Christian Church is positioned well for continual growth. High level leadership, excellent facilities in a strategic location puts us in a place for effective ministry and continued growth. As a regional church we’re positioned to impact a wide geographic area, encompassing people of diverse educational and economic backgrounds. We have the potential to be a church that influences others as we strive to be an example of service, community, faith, and relevance.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com