Website Lane Christian Church
4689 Lane St. Lane, IL 61750
POSITION: FT Youth Minister
CONGREGATION SIZE: 175 (250 if everyone is here at the same time…)
LOCATION: Village of 70
SALARY RANGE: Competitive – based education, experience, and local median income.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in ministry, preferably from an institution affiliated with Independent Christian Churches/Churches of Christ.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years preferred, but all applicant résumés will be considered.
SEND RESUME TO: (email communication preferred)
Lane Christian Church
ATTN: Search Team
4794 Lane St.
Lane, IL 61750
CONTACT PHONE: 217.671.2797 (Jim Kilson – Preaching/Teaching Minister)
NOTE: Lane Christian Church is a vibrant growing multi-generational congregation centrally located between Bloomington, Champaign, and Decatur Illinois, and is within short driving distance of Lincoln Christian University (25 miles).
TEAM MEMBER SPECIFICATIONS
We’re ordinary people helping each other become faithful followers of Jesus.
To influence people who think God is irrelevant and encourage them as Jesus transforms their lives.
Believe it…Grow it… Send it… (“it” is the Gospel)
The Youth and Family minister, working in conjunction with the staff and appointed leadership will act as a catalyst in equipping our youth (grades 6-12) to fully experience the life change and transformation offered through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ by ministering the Word of God through relevant and engaging teaching, equipping discipleship, and Kingdom focused evangelism and outreach.
• This position does not have a defined schedule, in that there are no set office-hours.
• While there is no defined schedule, the average weekly time allotment needed to fulfill required tasks is +/- 40 hours.
• The Youth Minister will serve as the head of the Youth Ministry Team.
• The Youth Minister reports to, and operates under the guidance of the Elders.
• A performance evaluation by the Elders will occur on an annual basis.
• This ministry opening is a currently active position, which opened when our current youth minister accepted the call to serve as a missionary in Ireland.
• Must be able to relate well with leadership, staff, members, volunteers, and guests.
• Must be a flexible and teachable team player and leader.
• Must have the ability to accomplish assigned tasks utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management, and collaboration skills.
• Must have the ability to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
• Must have the ability to think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current ministry priorities.
• Must have the ability to handle confidential matters and material with professional excellence.
• Must be an example of the ministry qualifications as presented in 1st Timothy 3:1-13.
• Effectively teach the Word of God.
• Effectively articulate the identity, mission, and vision of Lane Christian Church.
• Collaborate with ministry staff to provide for the needs of the congregation and community; weddings, funerals, baptism’s, counseling, ministry programs etc.
• Collaborate with the ministry staff to provide service and ministry opportunities for the youth.
• Participate in the building of an effective team-based ministry environment, where the players are mutually accountable, mutually encouraging, and ministry focused.
• Participate in the new/perspective members gatherings.
• Facilitate the spiritual growth of the youth, helping in the formation of committed disciples, by identifying, equipping, and releasing an army of young servant-leaders who play their part in carrying out the ministry of the church.
• Lead weekly youth group meetings and teach weekly High School Sunday School.
• Attend monthly leadership meetings, providing up-to-date ministry status reports.
• Compile the annual youth ministry budget and submit it to the finance committee.
• Develop, promote, and coordinate a balanced and cohesive program.
• Be available for pastoral counseling for the youth and their families.
• Be an advocate for youth, educating and engaging the congregation concerning the ministry plans and needs of youth in our congregation and community.
• Secure and coordinate volunteers for the youth ministry team.
• Support the youth outside the walls of the church, i.e. school and sporting events.
• Perform other duties “as assigned” by the Elders.
The greatest challenge relating to this position will be to recruit, build, train, and empower team members for effective youth ministry, bringing a new/enhanced and sustainable vision for this ministry to life.
Lane Christian Church has experienced exponential growth over the last six years and with an effective leadership, excellent facilities, and a strategic location we’re well positioned to see that trend continue. As a regional church we’re impacting a wide geographic area, encompassing people of diverse educational and economic backgrounds. We have the potential to be a church that influences others as we strive to be an example of service, community, faith, and relevance.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org