Website Locust Grove Church
2376 N 1300 E Rd Assumption, IL (Shelby County) 217-853-5370
Locust Grove Church is seeking a part time youth minister. We are a small rural church and are looking for a candidate who feels called to this ministry and shares our perspective of ministry. Rational strong family relationships are important in our church. We are driven by a desire to model Christ through Bible study, fellowship, and in our communities. The ideal candidate will be able to challenge the youth of all levels of spiritual maturity toward greater faith and will foster a spirit of unity within the youth who attend.
Responsibilities of the youth minister are:
· Model Christ-centered life through personal devotions and corporate worship participation
· Help youth develop mature faith through spiritual disciplines and through participation in the local church
· Plan and oversee youth outreaches, fellowship events, and service projects, with the input of the youth and church volunteers
· Plan and oversee weekly youth meetings
· Attend and/or promote youth conferences, retreats, and camps with youth to foster spiritual growth, including those sponsored by Locust Grove Church
· Participate in overall ministry of Locust Grove Church and encourage youth to do likewise
· Support and teach doctrine of Locust Grove Church
· Meet with Sr Pastor regularly for prayer, and mentorship and serve at the direction of the Church Counsel
· Communicate effectively to youth, parents, and the church regarding youth ministry events and goals
· Financial accountability over youth ministry, including budget, turning in ministry receipts, etc.
· Perform other duties as assigned
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com