Website Minier Christian Church
The Children’s Minister will be dedicated to growing our young Christians (birth-5th grade). This position will provide leadership and direction for the Children’s Ministry Team. The teams overall goal is the building of fellowship, faith formation, and worship time for the children in our congregation. The overall goal of this position is not necessarily to be always, or regularly teaching, but to be building a team that is capable of carrying out the lessons for the children. One of the key criteria is building the right, dynamic team of individuals from the congregation to carry out the goals of the team. This position is being listed as either full or part time. The overall focused needs of the Children’s Ministry are estimated to take 15-20 hours a week, and this is what it would take for the right part time candidate. For a minister seeking full time employment, the candidate would be evaluated based on their potential to fill another need within the church such as; assisting the adult life groups team, spiritual formation, connections, or administrative.
• Oversee the children programs (Example: Sunday Morning & Wednesday Nights), building the quality of these programs.
• Training and equipping the volunteer staff.
• Provide guidance to the Leader Team to identify and implement a calendar of events that balance the needs of birth to senior programs, with a focus on equipping and growing families.
• Coordinate with the volunteer Scheduler to ensure staffing for weekly programs.
• Insure adherence to or improvements to safety policies (children’s check-in process, background checks for volunteers, etc.)
• Collaborate with the Lead Minister to identify opportunities for family worship, congregational curriculum series, and other means of building families within the church community.
• Plan and manage the budget for children, and possibly family ministries.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Lead Minister.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org