Website Minier Christian Church
The student minister will be dedicated to growing our students (Grades 6-12). This position will provide leadership, and direction for the volunteer Student Ministry team. The team’s overall goal is the building of fellowship, faith formation, and worship time for the students of our congregation. The student minister will be asked to participate in youth activities, such as school sports games, choir concerts, as they see fit, to build an overall strong relationship with the students in the community. The overall goal of the position is not necessarily to be always, or regularly teaching, but to build a team that is capable of carrying out all aspects of student ministry. One of the key criteria is building the right, dynamic team of individuals from the congregation to carry out the goals of the team. The position is being listed as full time. The overall focused needs of the Student Ministry are estimated to take 30-40 hours a week. If time allows in the week, this position may be asked to assist with tech on a Sunday morning, or with administrative functions within the Children’s Team (Birth through 5th grade). These other tasks will be determined based on overall ability, and time available.
• Oversee student programs, building the quality of these programs.
• Training and equipping the volunteer staff.
• Provide guidance to MCC’s Leader Team to identify and implement a calendar of events that balance the needs of the students in this program, and their families.
• Coordinate with the volunteer Scheduler to ensure staffing for weekly programs.
• Insure adherence to or improvements to safety policies.
• Collaborate with the Lead and/or Associate Minister to identify opportunities for family worship, congregational curriculum series, and other means of building families within the church community.
• Plan and manage the budget for student ministry.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org