Website Minier Christian Church
The full-time Associate Minister will serve MCC by bringing to its staff and congregation leadership and discipleship. This person will complement the Lead Minister’s evangelistic focus and skillset by focusing on programmatic and organic spiritual formation for long-term and consistent church members and attendees. We’re pretty good at attracting newcomers; we need to improve at taking our congregation deeper into the intellectual and experiential aspects of our faith.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Directly lead MCC staff, including ministry and support employees (generally 4-5 people total), facilitating their tasks, execution of duties, and reviews and accountability.
- · Facilitate communication amongst staff and between staff and elders, and communicate directly with the elders.
- · Co-plan and lead weekly staff meetings with the Lead Minister, and provide “soul care” for church staff in their ministry and personal lives.
- · Work closely with the Lead Minister, filtering short-and-long-term to-do items to the appropriate staff member at the appropriate times, and ensuring daily and weekly tasks fit into mission, vision, and strategic plans.
· Provide leadership and direction to Life Groups (adult small groups) program: promotion of program and persuasion for its importance, recruitment and support of team leaders, curriculum creation and communication, and overall execution. The Associate Minister would also be expected to lead a Life Group if possible.
· Organize and facilitate volunteer ministry teams that operate on an on-going basis: missions, facilities, food pantry, shepherding, etc. Work directly with the lead and co-lead of these teams, providing guidance and direction, high-level decision-making support, and promote communication between teams and church staff, elders.
· Preach 6-10 times a year, and participate with Lead Minister in sermon series planning, content creation, and sermon alignment with other programming.
· Participate in other ministerial opportunities as they arise: hospital visits, pre-marriage counseling, shut-in visits, etc.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com