Website Mountainview Christian Church
Mountainview Christian Church is a non-denominational church that has been serving South Denver since 1986. We began in a grade school, built our current building in 2002, and have been helping start and revitalize churches across South Denver since the very beginning. In 2018, the church launched a two-year ministry residency program that provides training and coaching to future ministry leaders. In 2020, we upgraded our online campus experience by investing in an online campus pastor, new equipment, and a dedicated production room.
The Community Engagement Pastor is a new, full-time position and will be instrumental in deepening Mountainview’s connection and commitment to our local community. This position carries out the vision of the Senior Pastor by connecting Mountainview to local community groups in ways that are mutually beneficial. Over time, this vision will grow to include our online campus and future microsites. This person will develop and lead a team of volunteers who are actively involved in meaningful service to our community. The ideal candidate demonstrates a high level of passion, energy, creativity, and proven effectiveness in building and leading teams.
Additionally, the Community Engagement Pastor will have secondary responsibilities that will include oversight of our men’s ministry, assisting with general pastoral responsibilities as needed, and preaching on occasion.
This position will be a critical part of our ministry team and will report to the Executive Pastor. This person will support our mission of helping people glorify God, grow in Jesus, and to go in His name. They must also share our vision of planting new churches and campuses, as well as helping revitalize other churches.
- Be an active apprentice of Jesus and demonstrate the fruit of ongoing spiritual growth and development.
- Serve as Mountainview’s liaison to current and potential community partners. This will include meeting with community counterparts and attending community events on behalf of Mountainview.
- Champion the needs of our community and mobilize volunteers in meaningful ways of serving. Be the advocate for our community across meetings, planning sessions, etc.
- Develop a team of people who are actively supporting our community engagement efforts.
- Oversee and provide support to our men’s ministry. This will include working with our men’s leadership team.
- Provide pastoral assistance as needed such as pastoral care, hospital visits, and supporting church-wide functions.
- Provide pastoral care to community members as needed such as meals and grief support.
- Able to preach on weekends as needed.
- Assist people of our online campus to get connected and serve.
LEARN MORE AND APPLY
To apply for this job please visit www.mountainviewfamily.org.