Website Parkview Christian Church
15035 ST Rt 12 E, Findlay, OH 45840 (419)423-2161
POSITION TITLE: YOUTH MINISTER
Purpose of Position: To lead the Youth Ministry of Parkview Christian Church through a Christ-centered Youth Program designed to disciple and teach Junior High and High School students toward Christian maturity.
· Lead and direct the planning, preparation, performance, recruiting, coordinating and evaluating of a comprehensive youth program.
· Organize programs, service projects, trips, retreats and other activities designed to enlist and involve youth and families in ministry.
· Be responsible for the recruitment and training of Youth Sponsors, developing or selecting Christ centered curriculum that will effectively meet the Spiritual needs of the Youth.
· Develop strong relationships with families by attending extra-curricular events and supporting the students in their school activities.
· Maintain current website information and content.
· Serve as Ministry Team Leader of the Youth Ministry Team regarding objectives, goals, finances, equipment, and programs.
· Teach, lead discussions, disciple, and mentor youth in regard to Christian living, study, service, worship and application.
· Lead and/or be responsible for coordinating Youth Sponsors to lead Sunday School, Youth Group studies, Sunday morning service for teens, and Small Groups.
· Plan outreach events that enable our students to confidently bring their friends.
OTHER PASTORAL ROLES
· Share in membership visitation regarding specific needs: i.e. hospitalization, crisis, death in the family, sickness, evangelism, and other special needs.
· Be prepared to preach during the absence of or request of the Senior Minister.
· Participate in and encourage attendance at church camp and Christian organizations each summer.
· Cooperate with area churches in promoting youth activities of mutual interest.
· Be available, on a limited basis, as a possible resource for activities outside of the church, with approval of Senior Minister and Eldership.
· Communicate with Elders about the Youth Ministry. Participate in monthly Elder/Staff meetings and be prepared to lead and supervise special tasks that may be assigned from time to time. Participate in the Elder Bible Study that is designed to train and equip church leadership.
· Participate in weekly Staff Meeting to coordinate schedules and upcoming events.
· Participate in weekly Sermon Study in preparation for Sunday’s message and theme.
PRINCIPAL ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS
· Is under the general direction of the Senior Minister.
· Directs the recruitment, selection, and training of sponsors and teachers approved by the Eldership.
· Consults with Senior Minister for advice and assistance and works in support of the Ministers on staff by encouraging, collaborating and offering advice.
· A servant of God whose life strives to achieve high standards of Christian character.
· A member of the Christian Church or Church of Christ.
· Holds a Bachelor of Arts/Science degree or equivalent from approved Bible College or Christian University.
· Demonstrates an ability to work with youth and adults.
· Demonstrates organizational skills to carry out required tasks.
· Dedicated to winning people to Christ and deepening their faith.
· An encouraging and supportive member of a unified team ministry.
· Maintains spiritual growth/health by attending conferences, conventions, courses and study.
· Builds and maintains strong relationships through open communication and respectful conduct.
· Is the Spiritual head of the home, making quality family life a priority.
· Demonstrates a willingness to serve under the authority of others as well as being an authority for others.
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org