Pleasant View Church
Pleasant View Church
5295 W State Road 32, Lebanon, IN 46052
Job Description: Full Time Pastor
Pleasant View Church (PVC) is seeking applicants for the role of full time pastor. Pleasant View is a nondenominational Christian church founded in 1836. PVC’s average weekly attendance (pre COVID-19) is 80-100 congregants. Each week, PVC holds one Sunday morning service, Sunday morning child/adult Sunday school, and participates in the AWANA program on Wednesday nights.
The full time pastor is the only paid position in the church. The primary role of the pastor will be to guide the church leadership and congregation in continual growth, development and maturity in following our Lord Jesus Christ.
Weekly hours are flexible. Pastor is expected to work five days per week, including preparing for and conducting Sunday morning service, participating in the Wednesday evening AWANA program and being available to the congregation and community as needed. Pastor must be available for congregational emergencies if the need arises.
Duties and responsibilities of the pastor include:
● Lead the development and direction of Pleasant View Church
● Prepare and deliver a weekly sermon consistent with the statement of faith maintained by PVC
● Participate in Sunday School
● Participate in teaching or assisting in AWANA program
● Participate in the planning and teaching of yearly Vacation Bible School
● Provide regular visitation and counseling throughout the congregation and community, with a specific focus on elderly members of the congregation, those who are ill or in the hospital, and any individuals in which visits could be beneficial
● Develop an understanding of the committees, activities and organizations of the church and provide support and training to those in leadership
● Develop and encourage member participation in church activities
● Conduct weddings, funerals and baptisms for individuals within the congregation as requested
● Schedule fill-in speakers for Sunday morning service during absences (when possible)
● Participate in monthly Deacon meetings and quarterly church business meetings
● Be involved in the missions committee
● Be involved in special programs, such as Christmas services/ Easter services, etc.
● Salary will be based on level of experience. Beginning salary will range between $35,000-40,000 yearly. Vacation:
● One week of vacation may be taken in the first year of employment. After the first year anniversary, two weeks of vacation may be taken per year.
● Parsonage is available if desired. Parsonage utilities are paid by the church if the pastor chooses to live in the parsonage. Stipend provided for Health Insurance
**Please note that Pleasant View Church does not currently have a website. For more information about our church, please check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PleasantView1836
· Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com